Eyewear discussion generals

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Re: Post your latest Purchase

Lol, I almost ordered that bloody thing, then saw several articles about how much waste of money it is. If it's for protecting your eyes from strain then nothing comes close to Crizal anti glare / reflective glass, for which I paid 4 times less than that Gunaar or whatever. Everyone has authority to waste his / her money behind anything, but why waste on a waste?
:|

I upgraded from crizal a2 to gunnar.
This year crizal discontinued their a2 lenses and replaced them with uv Forte which are only good for outdoors(my dad has a pair). This made me to switch to gunnar.

- - - Updated - - -

This is definitely much better than crizal a2.

- - - Updated - - -

Besides I paid 10k for my crizal ones. Lenses with high refractive index+on the go customizable frame.

ithehappy

Human Spambot

It doesn't matter dude, if you like it, that's all that matter.
I am more than happy with A2 anyway :)

Revolution

Wise Old Owl

Today, 1 month after ordering, my Gunnar professional gaming specs arrived.

Ordered from Gunnar India website for 15k bucks.
It's anime onyx RX(power). I hope my school allows them.

Congrats!
I can see the glass is really special but anything special about the frame or is it a regular one ?
BTW,how much ur dad spend for Crizal UV Forte ?
I need one for outdoors.
I don't use glass much in indoor.

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot

Congrats!
I can see the glass is really special but anything special about the frame or is it a regular one ?
BTW,how much ur dad spend for Crizal UV Forte ?
I need one for outdoors.
I don't use glass much in indoor.

I think 4k for lenses alone, default refractive index and frames different.

flyingcow

Shibe

guys cut him some slack, he may buy what he likes its his money after all & it is not coming from your pockets, so dont judge
[MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION] congrats buddy good purchase :)

flyingcow

Shibe

you could also buy thewm for cheap
*www.flipkart.com/search?q=gunnar&as=off&as-show=on&otracker=start

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot

you could also buy thewm for cheap
*www.flipkart.com/search?q=gunnar&as=off&as-show=on&otracker=start

Those are without power, I'll be blind if I wear those.

- - - Updated - - -

I paid 3k for A2. Uv forte was slightly higher.

Your a2 must be default refractive index,my last pair of a2 had slightly higher refractive index.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect

I got my new glasses custom made with polarized glasses. And it own every other polarized goggles. Even rayban, police, gucci and what not. And its fibre. Not glass. Anti scratch. Blah blah..

Now when i wear it outside in daytime its so cool to look through. No more headaches or aching eyes.

Price 2k.

Only downside is i need to carry my regular glasses too.

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot

I got my new glasses custom made with polarized glasses. And it own every other polarized goggles. Even rayban, police, gucci and what not. And its fibre. Not glass. Anti scratch. Blah blah..

Now when i wear it outside in daytime its so cool to look through. No more headaches or aching eyes.

Price 2k.

I am not the outside kind of person so I don't need polarized or uv forte lenses. I am perfectly happy with my new gunnar and they are very effective. They look pretty swell too.
Btw why do you need to carry your normal glasses. Polarized glasses without power?

ithehappy

Human Spambot

Hold on, that Gunaar was with power?
[MENTION=148045]anirbandd[/MENTION] : From where? I just need a glass, with power obviously, which will be scratch resistant, any recommendations? My A2 is scratched, and I hate scratches, even the slightest dot bothers me a lot!
Within 5k, max max max.

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot

Hold on, that Gunaar was with power?
[MENTION=148045]anirbandd[/MENTION] : From where? I just need a glass, with power obviously, which will be scratch resistant, any recommendations? My A2 is scratched, and I hate scratches, even the slightest dot bothers me a lot!
Within 5k, max max max.

Yep my pair is with power that's why it took 1 month to build and 15k bucks.

A2 scratched!!?? What sorcery is this? I have used 3 pairs of A2 before this and not one has ever been scratched. I think A2 is scratch resistant.
A2 were great lenses but sadly they discontinued the line this year onwards.

tkin

Back to school!!

Those are without power, I'll be blind if I wear those.

- - - Updated - - -

Your a2 must be default refractive index,my last pair of a2 had slightly higher refractive index.
No idea, however I have very little power, 0.25 and 0.75 cylindricals.

- - - Updated - - -

Price 2k.

From where did you buy those?

- - - Updated - - -

Yep my pair is with power that's why it took 1 month to build and 15k bucks.

A2 scratched!!?? What sorcery is this? I have used 3 pairs of A2 before this and not one has ever been scratched. I think A2 is scratch resistant.
A2 were great lenses but sadly they discontinued the line this year onwards.
Depends on how you use them :p

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot

High Refractive Index reduces the thickness of the lens.

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot

Oh, nice, but the only issue is that the local optical salesman won't understand what that means, oh well.

Go to a good optics store and check their essilor/carl zeiss catalog. I am 100% sure they will have lenses of different refractive indexes.

Top Bottom