Extracting whole site

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
What do you mean? Do you just want to download all the pages of a site for viewing offline or want to use the code of site for your site?

nvidia

-----ATi-----
It will be illegal if you wanna download the pages from that site and then use it your site...
Why do you want to "extract" an entire website anyway??

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
I think it should be legal because that is the ourpose of the website and you are a visitor are allowed to download everypage, except any password protected pages if any.

But downloading via a software is very cruel to the site because of consumes a lot of resources.

It is better to email the site owner and ask him to giove you a complete archive file in .tar.gz format. It will save your time too as you will be getting the compressed version.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
^^So you mean that i pay for scripts and get the script and somebody comes and downloads and that will be completely legal?

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
nvidia8800 said:
^^So you mean that i pay for scripts and get the script and somebody comes and downloads and that will be completely legal?
It depends upon what the site uses.
If it uses only HTML or client side scripts, you will get the same files whether you download tyhorugh a software or get a archive.

If you want scripts, they CANNOT be downloaded. What you will get is the else{if fail} statements. Only the site owner can give you the scripts.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
IE add on Offline browser Webaroo is good.See my post here:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70334

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom