External Hard Disk got corupted.

Kaffrey

Right off the assembly line
:cry: Hey everyone i have an External Hard Disk of Western Digital of about 2 TB and i have got a problem also. Today [13/05/2012] when i was copying a game from my friend computer it was not copying then i cancelled it and i eject my hard disk from his computer but when i again connected my hard disk an option was coming [do you want to format it?] then i cancelled and i tried to open it but it was saying that [the file directory is corrupted or unreadable] i was having so many movies, serial and software in it they were all about 500 GB so is there any way to open it or to repair it but without formatting my hard disk........

Please Help me i don't want to format it can anyone help me..........
Contact me: ~snipped~

Please Help me i'll be very thank full to you.........

Help Me.......................

Last edited by a moderator:
thread moved to Hardware Q & A, @kaffrey please do see that you post threads to the respective forum from now on :)

Sujeet

Undead!!!
^^
How is he Supposed to Use that BTW.
Will Recuva detect a Drive that Windows System Fails to Access.???
Or are you recommending him to format it and Recover the data after it? :chinscratch:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Format the HDD.
If you can access it after that then recover data, using one of the many tool available over the internet.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i have not used recuva so can't say for sure but since it is recommended by many here i thought it should be able to scan any hard disk connected to system even if windows gives the format message.if not then try other file recovery software or quick format(not full) & then try recuva.

onlytanmoy

Journeyman
try the Ubuntu Live Boot CD and connect your ext hdd...it might get detected and you may then backup your valuable data. After that you can go with the format...Good Luck !!!

Top Bottom