Extended partition Wiped out !!!!Help :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

x3060

A LOTR fan
hi,
since its the new year, my vista has decided to wipe out my extended partition,
it shows as unallocated :(
i reinstalled vista, never touched the unallocated thing though, so i believe its just the partition table head that's missing
if i can find and add or some thing i will get my partitions back

original comp partitions
-----------------------------
c: 15 gb
d:17gb
e:30gb
f:50gb
h:110(approx) gb

F & H is gone now

Current Partition layout
----------------------------
c: 15gb
d:17gb
e:30gb
Unallocated space: (170 gb)

What to do now :(, please help me

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
yes you can recover lost partition. Use the R-Studio recovery (recommended) or Recover My Files to get all data back. Do not format the lost partition before recovery.

OP
x3060

x3060

A LOTR fan
thank you, thank you thank you.....i will try it now.

nope, not even touched.
it still says "unallocated"

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
remember it will take some 1-2 hours to completely scan lost partitions and then just recover the data to another hard disk.

Both softwares are not free, you can get them easily though.

OP
x3060

x3060

A LOTR fan
its just that the pointer to the drives are missing, so can this s/w just point out the drive properly?

if it can, then i dont have to recover to another hdd....
i dont have a spare hdd....
then contents are all there intact :(.....just the drives needed to be pointed out again

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
You meant that the partition entry for those partition are missing in partition table ?
If yes, then yes these softwares are equally capable at recovering data as they work on lover level while recovering lost partition. Almost everything can be recovered.

I myself have use R-Studio Recovery on more than 5 drives where windows screwed up the partitions and I had to recover my data. All the time I was able to recover data almost fully until the last HDD crash when hard disk developed some hardware fault and wouldnt even boot or get recognized.

its just that the pointer to the drives are missing, so can this s/w just point out the drive properly?

if it can, then i dont have to recover to another hdd....
i dont have a spare hdd....
then contents are all there intact :(.....just the drives needed to be pointed out again
well then you must have backup of partition table saved, but am afraid that pointing is a simple thing and can be done by these softwares.

Last edited:
OP
x3060

x3060

A LOTR fan
yeah...my partition is not visible in the partition table :
it says "unallocated"

both of them combined as one ....see the above post :(

so the pointers are missing...that's the fault.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^try googling I dont know exact answer as you dont have the partition table backed up already.

OP
x3060

x3060

A LOTR fan
i have finished downloading...now put to scan (my entire HDD [Simple scan] ), hope it works

its recovering...:), its damn recovering.....huuuuu its recovering

thank you, thank you, thank you....i am gonna back all my stuffs now...got atleast 60gb of new things to back up, forgot that long time back, am gonna switch to routine that i left long time back........

always backup things.....
well, good that i did not loose any....thank you my friend.:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom