Explain how children below 18 open website accounts: HC to govt

Nope. It's 13.

@offtopic

i dont think you are allowed to open and operate an independent bank account if you are less than 18.

The account access is still restricted under the guardianship. The chequekbooks are issued to the guardian in the name of under guardianship of the minor.

You are however allowed to withdraw money from ATM's and make payments.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
@offtopic

i dont think you are allowed to open and operate an independent bank account if you are less than 18.

The account access is still restricted under the guardianship. The chequekbooks are issued to the guardian in the name of under guardianship of the minor.

I got my independent bank account when I was 12. My dad is a banker and he got it opened for me. I still use it to this day.

I got my independent bank account when I was 12. My dad is a banker and he got it opened for me. I still use it to this day.

that must be the scenario long time back. In the past couple of years things have changed. I had to resubmit all of my documents again for KYC even when i opened my account only 2 years ago and still submitted all of them. Maybe you can ask your dad about this

EDIT :

could you sign cheques and withdraw money?

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Meh. Just another tactic to get a share of that massive revenue. Trying to arm-twist FB into submission - give us a slice or we'll ban your India operations because you're allowing "minors" to access your website.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
@offtopic

I am 16, and have a fully independent bank account(that's what the forms say). They didn't take signatures of my guardians or parents either. Yes, I'm allowed to withdraw and deposit money any time, using ATM, net banking or anything. :)

I am 16, and have a fully independent bank account(that's what the forms say). They didn't take signatures of my guardians or parents either. Yes, I'm allowed to withdraw and deposit money any time, using ATM, net banking or anything. :)

Untitled Document

i read about what i wrote there from here.

EDIT :

do you parents also have an account with the same bank ? if your parents dont have an account with the bank its not possible. And the account is not truly independent.

your signature i.e. you are not authorized to create FD's and make NEFT transfers

therefore the account is part independent under supervision from your parents.

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
that must be the scenario long time back. In the past couple of years things have changed. I had to resubmit all of my documents again for KYC even when i opened my account only 2 years ago and still submitted all of them. Maybe you can ask your dad about this

EDIT :

could you sign cheques and withdraw money?

(ii) A savings bank account may be opened in the single name of a minor and may be operated upon by minor, if he/she has completed the age of-10-years and is able to read and write. Maximum balance to the credit of such account should not exceed at any time Rs.1,00,000/-.For accounts of minors above-14-years,there is no limit to maximum balance.

Source : Bank of Baroda - India's International Bank - Personal Banking Services - Deposits - Savings - Baroda Bachat Mitra

Perhaps different banks have different rules.

I didn't apply for a cheque book but I could withdraw money using the withdrawal form or deposit money anytime. This was before there were ATMs so had to do everything from the bank.

Edit : I think we have gone WAY....off topic.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
What is the legal age as per fb's own tos? 13?
Govt should ban fb for people over 18. Problem solved.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Its to make it safer for kids. Indian govt actually asking for safety of accounts, and that makes it totalitarian - as against fb which totally has so much competition.
It can be easily done on a systemic level, by just tracking the age and having age appropriate security and access features.

But fb is not allowed to mine information or track anyone under 13 by the laws under which it operates.

Its to make it safer for kids. Indian govt actually asking for safety of accounts, and that makes it totalitarian - as against fb which totally has so much competition.
It can be easily done on a systemic level, by just tracking the age and having age appropriate security and access features.

But fb is not allowed to mine information or track anyone under 13 by the laws under which it operates.

well, how can one put into place these suggestions?
maybe instead of sarcasm you should try posting literally.
It helps.
A lot.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

How will you do that? By asking questions only adults are capable of answering?

Kinda reminds me of the Leisure Suit Larry games.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
An under 18 cannot legally Agree to the fb contract... According to govt

Would you want your kid's photos be licensed to third parties for commercial purposes?

IDK, What is wrong with the GOVERMENT, All lame rules.
Most the kids are mature by 15.
This rule is RIDICULOUS

Yeah some Kids are even mature by 7 years.. but you need to remember some like you never mature what ever be the age :p :-D
.... It was not about creating the accounts or using but the EULA's of the company which people need to accept while creating the account... The EULA is a legal agreement, for which the user will be liable.. that is the reason for the case...

Top Bottom