Explain how children below 18 open website accounts: HC to govt

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
An under 18 cannot legally Agree to the fb contract... According to govt

Would you want your kid's photos be licensed to third parties for commercial purposes?

From FB's terms of service :

Facebook users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
1. You will not provide any false personal information on Facebook, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
2. You will not create more than one personal account.
3. If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
4. You will not use your personal timeline primarily for your own commercial gain, and will use a Facebook Page for such purposes.
5. You will not use Facebook if you are under 13.
6. You will not use Facebook if you are a convicted sex offender.
7. You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
8. You will not share your password (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
9. You will not transfer your account (including any Page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission.
10. If you select a username or similar identifier for your account or Page, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).

Well, FB has no problems for those above 13, so what is the government's problem?

sygeek

Technomancer
Untitled Document

i read about what i wrote there from here.

EDIT :

do you parents also have an account with the same bank ? if your parents dont have an account with the bank its not possible. And the account is not truly independent.

your signature i.e. you are not authorized to create FD's and make NEFT transfers

therefore the account is part independent under supervision from your parents.
Yeah that is correct. Even I was not allowed to create a bank account in the past, unless it was a joint account. However, some time ago my father received a call from some bank asking if he's interested in opening a children's account. I am not aware of the clauses though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom