Exaile,AmaRok like player for GNOME using GTK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
Exaile is a media player aiming to be similar to KDE's AmaroK, but for GTK+. It incorporates many of the cool things from AmaroK (and other media players) like automatic fetching of album art, handling of large libraries, lyrics fetching, artist/album information via the wikipedia, last.fm support, optional iPod support (assuming you have python-gpod installed).

In addition, Exaile also includes a built in shoutcast directory browser, tabbed playlists (so you can have more than one playlist open at a time), blacklisting of tracks (so they don't get scanned into your library), downloading of guitar tablature from fretplay.com, and submitting played tracks on your iPod to last.fm.
screenshots:
*exaile.org/index.rb?command=screenshots

*exaile.org/screenshots/thumbs/exaile.jpg *exaile.org/screenshots/thumbs/exaile1.jpg
also deb packages prebuilt are available at
*exaile.org/index.rb?command=download
*www.getdeb.net/
Gr8.always wanted to get Amarok in my GNOME;but hates installing those KDE libraries!now this is based on GTK libs...

eddie

El mooooo
Every other GTK media player out there wants to reach to the levels of Amarok but they just fail to make the cut. Exaile is not alone btw...there are others...like Listen, Banshee, Quod Libet...may be more? We can just keep on counting :p

Last edited:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
It only plays mp3's if gtreamer-plugins-ugly are installed. Why can't I use xine engine for it. Is that possible?

mehulved

:-(
Oh well, it's a nice player but I'd still prefer something with a xine engine.
Well it's interface isn't in the league of amaroK yet it's a neat player, better than quite a lot I've seen.
I had one problem though, I made a playlist but while playing songs whole playlist disappeared for no reason, I can't find anyway to save/load a playlist.

eddie

El mooooo
tech_your_future said:
I had one problem though, I made a playlist but while playing songs whole playlist disappeared for no reason, I can't find anyway to save/load a playlist.
Known pygtk bug my friend :)

mehulved

But what about an option to save my playlist. There's an export option but I can't import it back again in Exaile. But, the same playlist is working fine in VLC. If I open that playlist in Exaile, it just opens a new tab with nothing in it.

OP
praka123

praka123

left this forum longback
again,beta software so...wait :)
edit:a new version released Exaile 0.2.4
*www.getdeb.net/release.php?id=74

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom