EU could force Microsoft to bundle Firefox/Opera/Safari with Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Guyz I want that Microsoft must give users option as in case of linux
Options? Can't you install FF or opera or Safari or Chrome & set it as your default browser?
Atleast they must tell their users that you have these browsers also that u can choose from .I've no problems in Internet Explorer to be default till the user knows that he can switch between browsers like Opera FF & Safari
So what you want is that microsft should be advertising about rival products? lol Sometimes people crack some amazing one liners.

PS: Don't people think before they give suggestiopns anymore?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
IMHO, Let MS bundle whatever they want. Afterall its their OS and I believe they haf the right to do whatever they wanna do with it. Let them make an interface for Windows MarketPlace (after renaming it to Windows Software Center or something likewise) and place a shortcut on the Desktop upon a new installation which lists software by Categories (Essential software, web, email, graphics etc. like whatever they haf on the website now).

This would be a win-win situation for all. This way the new users would wanna browse thru the link out of curiosity and can install whatever they can since it would certainly educate them about other products; and MS would still be able to bundle IE with Windows. Everybody's is happy, including the EU (hopefully :D)

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
I do agree to this point. Also, why should I pay for new OS license everytime I get a new laptop/PC (branded). There should be option to select OS or no OS with every branded pc/laptop.

I will certainly support EU if they start a ruling for this particular point :)
Can't agree more to this point. :)

Also OEMs should be forced to provide install disks, for god sake ALWAYS and not charge extra.

Last edited:

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
Options? Can't you install FF or opera or Safari or Chrome & set it as your default browser? So what you want is that microsft should be advertising about rival products? lol Sometimes people crack some amazing one liners.
Atleast then they shouldn't depend on other to launch products
Launch now :
Micro$oft Dreamweaver
Micr0$oft Flash
Micro$oft CCleaner
Micro$oft Spyware Doctor

If this is the case then lets start "Kill The Micro$oft Campaign" :D

PS:Billy Went But Left His Chelaas :D

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Atleast then they shouldn't depend on other to launch products
Launch now :
Micro$oft Dreamweaver
Micr0$oft Flash
Micro$oft CCleaner
Micro$oft Spyware Doctor

If this is the case then lets start "Kill The Micro$oft Campaign" :D

PS:Billy Went But Left His Chelaas :D

Dreamweaver has MS FrontPage as alternative, while Flash has Silverlight, CCleaner and Spyware Doctor also have MS alternatives too which I am not aware of.

Then I guess most of us are unified in our stand that the EU ruling is flawed.
Not me. I support EU regarding this decision.

Last edited:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
LOL !! EU Gov Suckers. I Will create my legit product and sell, why should EU force to compulsorily use competitors product ??

Its as if IE id hope less thing.

Customization should be done by the VENDOR. Not MS.
Crap EU understands nothing about business.

And I hate firefox, if it takes over as most used browser...

Its about time to forget about blogs and self made content. It will kill small and medium size websites.
Thanks Ad blocker.

I already loose 50% of my money due to Adblocks as more then 60% of my visitors use FireFox, My low budget servers are being tested to core they go down a lot of times due to traffic.

Last edited:

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
LOL !! EU Gov Suckers. I Will create my legit product and sell, why should EU force to compulsorily use competitors product ??

Its about time to forget about blogs and self made content. It will kill small and medium size websites.
Thanks Ad blocker.

I already loose 50% of my money due to Adblocks as more then 60% of my visitors use FireFox, My low budget servers are being tested to core they go down a lot of times due to traffic.
Wow! And you blame Firefox for that? Wow!

apoorva84

In the zone
i think they should stop bundling software like windows defender, paint, windows media player , IE, etc and let users decide.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
i think they should stop bundling software like windows defender, paint, windows media player , IE, etc and let users decide.

Actually I would disagree here since that would really degrade the usability of Windows OS.
They can continue bundling those software but:
(1) Give option of alternatives to users who are not aware of the alternatives i.e. either bundling other browser such as Firefox, Opera or have a redirection at Welcome Center about alternative web browsers.
(2) Give option to remove IE's front end competely. The back end may stay.
(3) Follow Web Standards really seriously, like Opera does.

I have said the same thing I said before in this thread. This thread is now really becoming a Recurring Discussion.

I agree, but remember that EU did not bring this ruling because of IE's hopelessness, but because they have strange laws from the Dark Ages about competition and what not.

Thanks Ad blocker.

Its not as if everyone who uses adblock would click ads if they stop using adblock.
Almost ALL who use adblock don't click on ads.
And many more do something worse - use RIP to remove the frame in which the ad is placed.

And remember, Ad Blocking is not restricted to Firefox. LOTS of people who use IE as a prefered browser use some adblocker program, and I think IE-Pro also has an adblocker program.

You just need to stop assuming that ads can bring you lots of income. They are just bonus money these days. Relying on ads is possibly the WORST way to secure your economic life.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Wow! And you blame Firefox for that? Wow!

Kid, why don't you go read Economic Times or Something news paper like that ?
Go to their website and search in their archive.

And yeah, am not blaming direct on firefox. Its for now.
As of now Idiots at google are lazy and don't want to invent new ways of delivering ads as you see Firefox is still not the top browser.
That's why Adblock works Only a matter of time..

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Its not as if everyone who uses adblock would click ads if they stop using adblock.
Almost ALL who use adblock don't click on ads.
And many more do something worse - use RIP to remove the frame in which the ad is placed.

And remember, Ad Blocking is not restricted to Firefox. LOTS of people who use IE as a prefered browser use some adblocker program, and I think IE-Pro also has an adblocker program.

You just need to stop assuming that ads can bring you lots of income. They are just bonus money these days. Relying on ads is possibly the WORST way to secure your economic life.

+1
And Opera would be even worse. It has content blocker by default. :cool:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
FYI, Most of The Internet Economy is based on Advertising.

Well, you don't post random stuff, what you know. Go read what researchers have to say.
Not what half knowledgeable people at such ... Forums say.
Let AdSense be closed, And Lets all see how long Google Will survive.

All this though if completely different from Firefox being a nice web browser. Which most of people around here agree.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
It's like saying piracy costs the developers. In fact there are lots of non tech people to whom even if you give firefox they will switch back to IE or use the firefox without any urge of adding adblock plus.

Its the 10% guys like us who use Adblock Plus and blah blah blah.

Ads are one of the primary way today to earn a living. You see ads in moile, even if you do a balance inquiry. Whole thing is a fckuing add. I don't mind seeing ads but seeing them interfering your boring life every minute is like a big NO for me.

blondie

Broken In

Thanks Ad blocker.

Ha what an assumption.

1) If your life depended on your two dollar website and it's ads, you have no business being online at all, no, never, nil, none... you need to get a _real_ job.

2) Do you really believe I (as in not me) would come to _your_ blog out of a million ones out there to click on your ads?

You need to wake up from whatever dream you are sleeping on my friend.

And don't give the pages of mags or newspapers as facts, they are nothing but a corporate gimmick to keep the middle class in their levels and the poor class at theirs, so the middle ones can feel good about themselves by looking at the poor ones and forget there is a rich level too who _really_ control their lives.

Personally I would want to see Firefox kickass of every other browser out there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom