EU could force Microsoft to bundle Firefox/Opera/Safari with Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
Dreamweaver has MS FrontPage as alternative, while Flash has Silverlight, CCleaner and Spyware Doctor also have MS alternatives too which I am not aware of.

Not me. I support EU regarding this decision.

Ya I too support EU
Alo Spyware Doctor is Windows Defender :D
But Microsoft is also forcing people in that case & if they aren;t that whatever

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
I would love to see IE evolve beyond and Firefox Compete it. As the alternate.

Ha what an assumption.

1) If your life depended on your two dollar website and it's ads, you have no business being online at all, no, never, nil, none... you need to get a _real_ job.

2) Do you really believe I (as in not me) would come to _your_ blog out of a million ones out there to click on your ads?

You need to wake up from whatever dream you are sleeping on my friend.

And don't give the pages of mags or newspapers as facts, they are nothing but a corporate gimmick to keep the middle class in their levels and the poor class at theirs, so the middle ones can feel good about themselves by looking at the poor ones and forget there is a rich level too who _really_ control their lives.

Personally I would want to see Firefox kickass of every other browser out there.

Ahh you are such a god sent genius. Thanks for enlightening me :cool:

adi007

Youngling
I agree, but remember that EU did not bring this ruling because of IE's hopelessness, but because they have strange laws from the Dark Ages about competition and what not.

Its not as if everyone who uses adblock would click ads if they stop using adblock.
Almost ALL who use adblock don't click on ads.
And many more do something worse - use RIP to remove the frame in which the ad is placed.

And remember, Ad Blocking is not restricted to Firefox. LOTS of people who use IE as a prefered browser use some adblocker program, and I think IE-Pro also has an adblocker program.

You just need to stop assuming that ads can bring you lots of income. They are just bonus money these days. Relying on ads is possibly the WORST way to secure your economic life.

I agree with your first point that those who are aware of adblocker are some what techy people and even if they dont block ads they will possibly not get attracted and click that ad

But my friend do u know that there is thing called CPM,CPI,CPV etc .. :D
You just need to stop assuming that ads can bring you lots of income. They are just bonus money these days. Relying on ads is possibly the WORST way to secure your economic life.

Amit Agarwal india's top blogger earns XX,XXX $ /month from his site labnol
Jim kartel(i hope i am correct) and many others are pro in these fields

many are making a living out of it
I have read somewhere that adsense and adwords from google alone forms the major income source of google..

And why the hell should MS bundle other browsers which are not made by them ...
Its their OS ... they are free to do anything ..
And BTW i am n00b in this EU thing .. i dont understand who is suing MS ..? Is it a Public Interest Case ..?

Last edited:
But my friend do u know that there is thing called CPM,CPI,CPV etc .. :D
What ? :confused:

Amit Agarwal india's top blogger earns XX,XXX $ /month from his site labnol
Jim kartel(i hope i am correct) and many others are pro in these fields

many are making a living out of it
I have read somewhere that adsense and adwords from google alone forms the major income source of google..

Not everybody is an Amit Agarwal. He too did not start by starting a blog and putting his life on it. He just became successful and there may be many who write better but are not heard. Internet is a harsh place.

And yeah, google's case is different. COMPLETELY different. They don't advertise a handful of companies on a single blog. Their network is so big and spread out. Try to get details on how much they earn PER blog and you will get a closer picture to reality.

And why the hell should MS bundle other browsers which are not made by them ...
Its their OS ... they are free to do anything ..
And BTW i am n00b in this EU thing .. i dont understand who is suing MS ..? Is it a Public Interest Case ..?
join the club.
and yeah, its Opera who are Suing MS in europian courts, while it was Real who sued MS previously for WMP.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
What ? :confused:

Not everybody is an Amit Agarwal. He too did not start by starting a blog and putting his life on it. He just became successful and there may be many who write better but are not heard. Internet is a harsh place.
Yeah, brutal business skillz :D

OP
S

squid

Broken In
Windows 7 to ship without IE browser in Europe: Microsoft

Due to legal problems Microsoft has decided to strip IE from Win 7 in European union. Users got to install browser of their choice.

Source
*economictimes.indiatimes.com/Windo...E-in-Europe-Microsoft/articleshow/4649350.cms

Most probably Firefox, chrome and opera share will rise significantly at least in EU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom