Error during windows startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hari_04415

Broken In
I am using Windows XP professional with SP2 installed.
I have Kaspersky Internet Security ver6 installed.
It has detected some virus infected in the "svchost.exe" file and hence it has deleted it.
And i am getting starange error messages at the startup like ""windows cannot find the file "C:\windows\svchost.exe".Make sure u typed the name coorctly.""

and then another like this ""cannot load or run "C:\windows\svchost.exe" specified in the registry.Make sure the file exists in registry or remove the reference to it in the Registry""

saurabh kakkar

D i s t i n c t l y Ahead
Hari_04415 said:
I am using Windows XP professional with SP2 installed.
I have Kaspersky Internet Security ver6 installed.
It has detected some virus infected in the "svchost.exe" file and hence it has deleted it.
And i am getting starange error messages at the startup like ""windows cannot find the file "C:\windows\svchost.exe".Make sure u typed the name coorctly.""

and then another like this ""cannot load or run "C:\windows\svchost.exe" specified in the registry.Make sure the file exists in registry or remove the reference to it in the Registry""

hey buddy i think coping the scvhost.exe file from the windows cd will fix the prob. do this :

1 boot with ur windows cd
2 when ur windows is detected press r for repair
3 enter 1 (if there is only one xp installed )
4 in the command prompt type copy svchost.exe
5 type exit
6 reboot

if u r able to log in then go to this link *fix-pc-errors.com/svchost-definition.htm and download regCure

someone correct me if i am wrong

quadhirababil

Right off the assembly line
I am using Windows XP professional with SP2 installed. When i restsrt Windows there's no desktop. only the blue screen is there, what should i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom