EP-630 feedback needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
tgpraveen said:
so are u trying to say that ep630 does not have upto the mark sound indoors in quiet environment without moving?

huh. Did I ever mention that??? Now, stop trying to make double meanings.

I think you do not have much experience with earphones/headphones.

On any day, a full sized headphones can easily beat in-ear headphones or earphones, unless the headphones are made by Intex/mercury :)

Moreover, Sony XD series or Philips 2700 are comfortable to wear than EP-630.

They do produce better sound than EP-630. It's just that we cannot wear them outside. They are indoor headphones unlike EP-630, which is good for outside and noisy environment.

FYI, I said that EP-630 fares better compared to full sized headphones when outside and it's the opposite when in quiet environment.

There are certain headphones like PX-300, which are headphones with active noise cancellation. This kind of headphones are small in size, yet powerful. They do not isolate noise, they cancel noise by sending inverse wave to the ear. Such kind of headphones can be used anywhere, quiet env or noisy env. They are much much more effective than the passive noise isolating earphones like EP-630.

If you

1) Move a lot, the choice is EP-630
2) move a lot and do not care about money, choice is sennheiser/sony active noise cancelling headphones. These are well above 4k
3) listen to music only when indoors, the choice is XD-200 or Philips 2700 or similar headphones that have good cushioning, open aural (reduces distortion of sound by large extent).

Last edited:

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox
desiibond said:
huh. Did I ever mention that??? Now, stop trying to make double meanings.

I think you do not have much experience with earphones/headphones.

On any day, a full sized headphones can easily beat in-ear headphones or earphones, unless the headphones are made by Intex/mercury :)

Moreover, Sony XD series or Philips 2700 are comfortable to wear than EP-630.

They do produce better sound than EP-630. It's just that we cannot wear them outside. They are indoor headphones unlike EP-630, which is good for outside and noisy environment.

FYI, I said that EP-630 fares better compared to full sized headphones when outside and it's the opposite when in quiet environment.

There are certain headphones like PX-300, which are headphones with active noise cancellation. This kind of headphones are small in size, yet powerful. They do not isolate noise, they cancel noise by sending inverse wave to the ear. Such kind of headphones can be used anywhere, quiet env or noisy env. They are much much more effective than the passive noise isolating earphones like EP-630.

If you

1) Move a lot, the choice is EP-630
2) move a lot and do not care about money, choice is sennheiser/sony active noise cancelling headphones. These are well above 4k
3) listen to music only when indoors, the choice is XD-200 or Philips 2700 or similar headphones that have good cushioning, open aural (reduces distortion of sound by large extent).

XD-200 or Philips 2700. PRICE PLEASE?

Hi guys,

I am planning to buy Sennheisser CX 300 In ear phones.Can anyone please let me know its cons ?
It will cost me arnd £34 here...

Rgds,
Kunal

assasin

Banned
^^^ wanna ask u 1 more thing.how will the XD200 fare if i use it outdoors??
also Sennheiser PX100 is available here but some1 here said that the bass is muted so i dont think it'll be a good buy.

@tgpraveen SONY MDR XD200 -> 1490 from SONY WORLD

OP
Ambar

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
abe duufers if u had gone to cp then why didnt u pm me....i would have cum walking...i live at mandi house......10 mins walk frm cp.....

xbonez

NP : Crysis
^^oh really!! anyways, we keep gng there....u know Palika Bazaar mein business chalta hai :D...will do next time...

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
@assasin
Sennheiser PX100 should cost below 2500 it's around 1800 according to the Delhi HQ. Bass is low, not muted/ It's more for details in the sound than boom box. comes with a 3 yr warranty, a carry case.

the company is in the league of KOSS and other professional high fidelity stereophones manftrs.

*www.sennheiserindia.com/india/icm_eng.nsf/root/products_headphones_classicline

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Check this one:

Creative HN700 noise-cancelling headphones

Foldable headphones
40mm neodynamium driver
detachable onesided cord
around $45
available in India
active noise cancellation

Majority people are saying that these are very good but some are complaining that it does not fit on their head and due to that they are getting headache.

it's better if you take a demo (stores like Temptations are allowing demo of earphones/headphoens), check comfort levels and get it. You may not find it's music clarity at the first try as this kind of headphone have rather long burn-in period and only after that, they will reach their usual sound quality.

PX100 is sweet sounding phone with perfect detail of audio.

Note: If you use low bitrate songs a lot (upto 128kbps mp3), PX100 will expose lack of quality in audio.

Last edited:

assasin

Banned
guys the only prob is the headfones/earfones u've suggested r not available in the place where i live.i dont know whether i'll get the EP-630 i ordered so leave alone HN700.

the only ones that r available here r:
1>SONY MDR XD300
2>SONY MDR XD200
3>SONY MDR XD100
4>SONY MDR J11G
5>SONY MDR E818LP
6>Sennheiser PX100

nothing i repeat nothing other than the ones mentioned above r available.
so plz suggest one from the above list.
thnx

OP
Ambar

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
xbonez said:
^^oh really!! anyways, we keep gng there....u know Palika Bazaar mein business chalta hai :D...will do next time...
i noe quite a lot of shop keepers in palika...so wheneever u cuming (on weekends) pm me...and ya not till jan 5 got stupid exams..:mad:

....back to the topic....

i bought the EP-630 fr 850/- (ma frnd got it fr me) ....the ep's are gr8....but takes a while to get used to them....had tried the bose earphones .....dont think theres musch diff...except the bass is a little better in the bose ones...

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i had almost finalized and bought them bt the chrome ring turned me off completely :(

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@assasin, go for MDR-E818LP. just Rs. 500/- and damn good bass, You can use them anywhere.

Second choice goes to MDR-XD200. These are good ones and MDR-300 costs 1000 bucks more. So, this should be ideal choice.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
@ambar...for rs. 800 did u get warranty n bill??

i bought it for Rs. 850 today with bill and 1 yr warranty (for a cousin)

btw, i asked at the shop. they told me EP630 comes only in black. EP635 comes in white (only) ...costs rs. 50 more that the 630

Last edited:

ajayritik

Technomancer
Does anyone of you who has Creative EP 630 use it for SE Phone or you only use it for listening to MP3 players and iPod. Is there any difference between sound quality for the one that we get for Sony Walkman series and Creative EP 630? Which is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom