entry level tripod suggestions?

SwiftLover

Broken In
Tripod is to be selected based on the Camera weight and the height required for your task.

I would suggest you to go for Simplex 333 for 699/-

OR

SLIK F153
for 1490 - 223.5("RCOMLB1" Discount Coupon) = 1266.5/-

sujoyp

Grand Master
if u r planning to put your DSLR on that then just dont buy one untill u have at least 5k for that..

if u want to put a p&s or flash on those then its fine

OP
A

AnaRCHist

Broken In
i want one for point and shoot only...what are the things i should lokk for in a tripod?
and also i am not aware of a tripod's working....do i have to buy a ball head or something?

thanks all..!

sujoyp

Grand Master
I dont have complete knowledge but I can say that there r 2 kinds of heads ball head and pan & tilt

in ball head u can rotate the camera easily around
in pan & tilt it depends on its a 2 way pan, 3 way pan or 4 ways...pan means u can tilt it in 4 different directions in case of 4 way pan

sujoyp

Grand Master
I think its great for p&S ...it have 3 way tilt that left right and down...height of 1.3 meter and weight upto 2kgs

u can also consider vanguard mak 203 *www.flipkart.com/cameras/tripods/itmdy5maazevmxyd?pid=accdy5m7gdcvyygw&_l=bKVH95tt4jySD_YRAcxNRQ--&_r=KCqwk7Dol55NWia5yBlmEA--&ref=955cf00b-cb4c-4b02-bd8e-bd184efb3060

it have better build

Champ

.NET Guru
@sujoyp Ball heads are great for easily moving camera around, but will not be that effective when trying to shoot a panorama. Any angle can also be achived using a 3 way pan head, but involves more fielding.

@AnaRCHist, For build quality I will prefer Vanguard.

Also if possible avoid Tripods with Legs connected to central, column, they will limit flexibility and u wont be able to use tripod for low height photography. Low cost Vanguard MAK series suffers from this defect, If ur budget is low, Try Espod series

Excellent Tripod for its price Buy Vanguard Tripod Aluminum with MH2 Espod 203AP at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

OP
A

AnaRCHist

Broken In
i ordered Slik F153...legs are attached to the central column, that is something i'll have to deal with, otherwise its ok.

i'll buy a good one when i get a slr.

anyway..thank u all! :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
definitely right decision ... for SLR we have to get a good tripod...nothing can be compromised with a 60-70k gadget sitting on it :)

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
@AnaRCHist post the pics once you recieved it and your review or feedback on it. so other can decide the same.

Top Bottom