Entry Level - Performance Laptop - INR 60-65K - mostly editing

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is the thermal of HP Pavilion Gaming 4600H ? This is thin and light category with H Processor 1.98 KG according to Amazon Description. Didn't find the Hardware Guide manual of the same, Some HP Estonia site got all the drivers but no hardware manual guide.
Should be ok-ish for R5 + 1650, definitely bad for 1660Ti.

OP

123hero

In the zone
For upgradability, just check videos & see what slots are available & what are free, that's it.

I agree that good options are OOS or overpriced now.
I asked HP India directly. They don't have an answer to it. They wanted me to share the product serial code without which they cannot state any information about the laptop. Pretty strange.

However they did mention that the upgrade will need to be done at a store.

They weren't clear about the warranty aspect of the same.

Actually, there are no review of these specific models of 1 TB HDD only (ec-1024AX and ec-1021AX) online since most of the online review s are of the 512GB SSD model or the topmost model with R5 4800H + 2060.

Also, there seem to be lot of variation wrt to the models.
For eg. The models in India ship with the 60Hz screen whereas the same model in US is with the 120/144Hz screen. I have no clue why they would want to intentionally create a confusion.

The pricing other similar options is so obscure that I can go to Dubai pick up a laptop , bring to India and still be cheaper than buying it in India.

God help us.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I asked HP India directly. They don't have an answer to it. They wanted me to share the product serial code without which they cannot state any information about the laptop. Pretty strange.

Actually, there are no review of these specific models of 1 TB HDD only (ec-1024AX and ec-1021AX) online since most of the online review s are of the 512GB SSD model or the topmost model with R5 4800H + 2060.

For eg. The models in India ship with the 60Hz screen whereas the same model in US is with the 120/144Hz screen. I have no clue why they would want to intentionally create a confusion.

The pricing other similar options is so obscure that I can go to Dubai pick up a laptop , bring to India and still be cheaper than buying it in India.

God help us.
This is nothing, a friend told me he was told by a guy who contacted hp customer care for query about their pavilion gaming laptop with ryzen 3550H on flipkart & hp customer care told him this model is years old & discontinued.
*www.flipkart.com/hp-pavilion-gamin...zuw20w0000001596873605485&qH=39ca5ec7d64fb5ff
What's even the point in paying extra for HP brand name when this is their state of customer care, at least Dell justifies its huge premium by giving the best after sales support among all laptop manufacturers.

God help us.
I did say that they will lie or twist facts during email or phone or chat interaction, even store interaction.

Forum is open to public, so they won't. As I said, last time I checked, HP has no issues with user upgrades.

Not sure what the confusion is, but India gets cheaper products, always has been the case. India also has a lot of govt. tax.

This is nothing, a friend told me he was told by a guy who contacted hp customer care for query about their pavilion gaming laptop with ryzen 3550H on flipkart & hp customer care told him this model is years old & discontinued.
*www.flipkart.com/hp-pavilion-gamin...zuw20w0000001596873605485&qH=39ca5ec7d64fb5ff
What's even the point in paying extra for HP brand name when this is their state of customer care, at least Dell justifies its huge premium by giving the best after sales support among all laptop manufacturers.
R5 3550H

Yes it has 3550H & still they talk like it is some year old discontinued model whereas online search suggests this model is launched in last 4-5 weeks only(still correct me if I am wrong).
I have seen that model months ago for a higher price, with 1050 being the entry-level model. Not sure if they changed model number & re-released it with some changes.

That one would have been good for 55k or lower.

OP

123hero

In the zone
From whatever I am able to see online these days, I have following options left in front of me.

Wait for the laptops to be on sale again at around 60-65K range for the R5 4600H variants till Aug end or else
1. Settle for a lower specced laptops. Are Ryzen Quad Core laptops better (RYZEN 5 3550H /3750H variants from ASUS /HP) better than the i5-9300H variants (kinda likes of Legion Y540 / Acer Nitro 5). Would it make sense going for these laptops.

2. Bump up the budget by atleast 15K for this Dell variant since its retailing currently at 75K -- > Dell G5 15 SE Ryzen 5 Hexa Core - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/6 GB Graphics/AMD Radeon RX 5600M) Inspiron 15-5505 Gaming Laptop Rs.83752 Price in India - Buy Dell G5 15 SE Ryzen 5 Hexa Core - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/6 GB Graphics/AMD Radeon RX 5600M) Inspiron 15-5505 Gaming Laptop Silver Online - Dell : Flipkart.com

or are there any other offering from HP / ASUS around the 75K mark.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
2. Bump up the budget by atleast 15K for this Dell variant since its retailing currently at 75K -- > Dell G5 15 SE Ryzen 5 Hexa Core - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/6 GB Graphics/AMD Radeon RX 5600M) Inspiron 15-5505 Gaming Laptop Rs.83752 Price in India - Buy Dell G5 15 SE Ryzen 5 Hexa Core - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/6 GB Graphics/AMD Radeon RX 5600M) Inspiron 15-5505 Gaming Laptop Silver Online - Dell : Flipkart.com

Do not buy the above - That got some serious problem - I can't remember where but I read somewhere.

Go for this below similar pricing with Dell.

HP Omen Ryzen 5 Hexa Core - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650 Ti) 15-en0001AX Gaming Laptop Rs.87716 Price in India - Buy HP Omen Ryzen 5 Hexa Core - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650 Ti) 15-en0001AX Gaming Laptop Mica Silver Online - HP : Flipkart.com

If you are into gaming then go for this below

HP Omen Ryzen 5 Hexa Core - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/6 GB Graphics/NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Ti) 15-en0002AX Gaming Laptop Rs.99412 Price in India - Buy HP Omen Ryzen 5 Hexa Core - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/6 GB Graphics/NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Ti) 15-en0002AX Gaming Laptop Mica Silver Online - HP : Flipkart.com

If you are a creator then go for this below, perfect for running Adobe Pr / Ae / Ai / Ps and Au - ultimate production (External Monitor Required)

HP Omen Ryzen 7 Octa Core - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650 Ti) 15-en0004AX Gaming Laptop Rs.87989 Price in India - Buy HP Omen Ryzen 7 Octa Core - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650 Ti) 15-en0004AX Gaming Laptop Mica Silver Online - HP : Flipkart.com

If you don't plan to travel much with these laptops @ Backpack you will be fine and it will serve you well,

I strongly suggest watching this video for the build quality

Last edited:
OP

123hero

In the zone
Do not buy the above - That got some serious problem - I can't remember where but I read somewhere.

Go for this below similar pricing with Dell model i mentioned above

HP Omen Ryzen 5 Hexa Core - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650 Ti) 15-en0001AX Gaming Laptop Rs.87716 Price in India - Buy HP Omen Ryzen 5 Hexa Core - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650 Ti) 15-en0001AX Gaming Laptop Mica Silver Online - HP : Flipkart.com

If you are into gaming then go for this below

HP Omen Ryzen 5 Hexa Core - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/6 GB Graphics/NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Ti) 15-en0002AX Gaming Laptop Rs.99412 Price in India - Buy HP Omen Ryzen 5 Hexa Core - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/6 GB Graphics/NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Ti) 15-en0002AX Gaming Laptop Mica Silver Online - HP : Flipkart.com

If you are a creator then go for this below, perfect for running Adobe Pr / Ae / Ai / Ps and Au - ultimate production (External Monitor Required)

HP Omen Ryzen 7 Octa Core - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650 Ti) 15-en0004AX Gaming Laptop Rs.87989 Price in India - Buy HP Omen Ryzen 7 Octa Core - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/4 GB Graphics/NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1650 Ti) 15-en0004AX Gaming Laptop Mica Silver Online - HP : Flipkart.com

If you don't plan to travel much with these laptops @ Backpack you will be fine and it will serve you well,

I strongly suggest watching this video for the build quality

At 85K , these laptop are way above my budget.
@omega44-xt @whitestar_999 @SaiyanGoku

What exactly is the issue with Dell

At 75 i am already overshooting my budget, but I have no other go since nothing else is available at the moment.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
At 75 i am already overshooting my budget, but I have no other go since nothing else is available at the moment.
You can get 5% unlimited cashback from sbi yono(need sbi savings acc) but it is a bit risky as you need to do every step correct & even then some chances of not receiving cashback+2.5% unlimited cashback in terms of reward points by using sbi simplyclick card+1500 sbi card discount. For a 85k laptop that means final price will be 77237.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
At 85K , these laptop are way above my budget.

What exactly is the issue with Dell

I suggest waiting is the name of the game for AMD 4000 Series laptop - who knows there may be more competition around the corner.

About Dell - Check these

OP

123hero

In the zone
You can get 5% unlimited cashback from sbi yono(need sbi savings acc) but it is a bit risky as you need to do every step correct & even then some chances of not receiving cashback+2.5% unlimited cashback in terms of reward points by using sbi simplyclick card+1500 sbi card discount. For a 85k laptop that means final price will be 77237.

I dont have an SBI Card so that is out of option as well.

Best Option Now is either the Dell laptop with Radeon RX5600M or the OMEN with 1650Ti - Buy HP Omen 15.6-inch FHD Gaming Laptop (Ryzen 5-4600H/8GB/512GB SSD/Windows 10/NVIDIA GTX 1650ti 4GB/Shadow Black/2.36 kg), 15-en0001AX Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

The Dell laptop seems to have an issue of the Free Sync though a BIOS and Driver issue may fix the same. But everyone online does caution about it.

I checked the local HP store the, HDD only model is very not available with most of the retailers and he quoted me 69K and was probably the only guy who was aware of the R5 4600H laptops and how it was better than i5. But again i cant bargain here and an addition of the SSD will make it closer the HP OMEN model I listed above.

OP

123hero

In the zone
I suggest waiting is the name of the game for AMD 4000 Series laptop - who knows there may be more competition around the corner.

About Dell - Check these

I can wait for some more time but the only next manufacturer touted to release laptops with the R5 4xxx H series is ACER with the Nitro series gaming laptops and I believe they would be definitely lauching it north of 70K.

The only (unrealistic hope :grin::grin:) would be a reduction in the pricing of i5-10300H or i7-10750H based laptops to the lower end of the 60-70K range, but even that looks highly unlikely considering the current scenario where 90% of the regular public has no idea about the new gen Ryzen 5 chipsets from AMD.

Another great option could be getting something from the US or Middle East with an international warranty, but nothing can happen in this regard for at least til mid of 2021 given the COVID issue.

From whatever I am able to see online these days, I have following options left in front of me.

Wait for the laptops to be on sale again at around 60-65K range for the R5 4600H variants till Aug end or else
1. Settle for a lower specced laptops. Are Ryzen Quad Core laptops better (RYZEN 5 3550H /3750H variants from ASUS /HP) better than the i5-9300H variants (kinda likes of Legion Y540 / Acer Nitro 5). Would it make sense going for these laptops.

I would say, avoid it. Check Jarrod's review posted earlier. It is a hot mess. Avoid any & all Dell/Alienware laptops as all of them are very hot. I'd recommend the 76k Ome, even if its inferior in performance because longevity.

Also don't trust Dave Lee's thermal tests.

OP

123hero

In the zone
I would say, avoid it. Check Jarrod's review posted earlier. It is a hot mess. Avoid any & all Dell/Alienware laptops as all of them are very hot. I'd recommend the 76k Ome, even if its inferior in performance because longevity.

Also don't trust Dave Lee's thermal tests.

Thanks for the response. Dell one has been dropped for sure.

What would be difference between the HP OMEN and HP Pavilion Gaming series laptops, especially the 4600H variants apart from the GPU. Omen ones have the 1650Ti whereas the Pavilion ones have the regular 1650 and some minor design changes.

Hope the thermals are different with the OMEN.

OP

123hero

In the zone
Not even sbi debit card? Yono 5% cashback works with both sbi debit & credit cards & in Oct sale of amazon also both sbi debit & credit cards works.
Unfortunately I have only 3 ATM cum debit cards 1 with a pvt bank and 2 with PSU and don't use credit cards.

OP

123hero

In the zone
I'd recommend the 76k Ome, even if its inferior in performance because longevity.
Is the HP Omen - 4600H/8GB RAM/512 GB SSD/4GB 1650Ti good for 76K or will there be any decrease

Acer says they will launch Ryzen 5 4xxxx series jn Ang end, will be worth the wait.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Unfortunately I have only 3 ATM cum debit cards 1 with a pvt bank and 2 with PSU and don't use credit cards.
You are missing a lot, using credit cards wisely especially nowadays can even make up for current all time low savings acc interest rates.e.g.on my simplyclick card I earned ~1.5k worth amazon vouchers & 2k cleartrip voucher on spending 1 lakh which means effectively 3.5% interest rate on amount on which I would have gotten less than 2% return had I only used debit cards & cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom