Entry Level Graphics card

rahul_jaiswal31

Broken In
Hello friends! I have c2d e5700 3.0ghz installed on foxconn g41mxe mobo with 2gb ram, with local intex 450w psu. Please suggest me entry level gpu as i am tight on budget. Max i can spend is 2.5k.
Please give online link where i can buy that. Thanks in advance!!!!!

Last edited:

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
i think this will suffice ur needs also will run fine with ur psu but it is recommended to change the psu

Theitdepot - HIS Radeon HD5450 Fan 1GB DDR3 ATI PCI E Graphic Card (H545FR1G)

Cilus

laborare est orare
my suggestion is Sapphire HD 6450 1 GB GDDR3 @ 2.6K. It is based on the new Northern Island architecture and comes with 160 stream processor compared to 80 of hd 5450. Here is the link: Sapphire - HD 6450 GDDR3 [ 1GB RAM ] ― Lynx - The Audio , Electronics And Computer Online Shopping Store In India
Your current PSU can handle it.

OP
rahul_jaiswal31

rahul_jaiswal31

Broken In
i want to upgrade my ram too. suggestions please.
Should i stick to Sapphire HD 6450 1 GB GDDR3
Also found a website techshop.in. They have good range of gpu in good pricing. Take a look at that also.

still waiting for suggestions

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@cilus,i thought lynx should be considered as only last resort for buying online considering various issues they have as reported by various users here & in other forums.

Asus ATi Radeon 6450 - 1GB DDR3 - www.deltapage.com

@rahul_jaiswal31,your psu should be enough for your setup with 6470 card though for peace of mind i suggest to get a decent FSP 400/450W psu for ~2000 whenever you have the money to spent in future.upgrading from 2gb ddr2 ram is only necessary if you plan to use 64bit windows or feeling the need for extra ram because of your work.for normal usage 2gb ram is sufficient unless of course you open 40-50 tabs in your browser with flash/animated content heavy sites.1gb ddr2 ram should cost ~800 & 2gb ~1300.

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ Yes it does have one VGA output. other than that it also has one DVI and one HDMI output. Check the link provided by whitestar_999 for detail specification of the card.

OP
rahul_jaiswal31

rahul_jaiswal31

Broken In
fixed on buying hd 6450 but confused of make- xfx, asus or sapphire?
Also researched and found gt 520 outperforming hd 6450

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
For brand, my priority list will be:-

i. Sapphire (Cheaper, good build quality, very good aftersale service)
ii. Asus (good build quality, not so good aftersale service)
iii. XFX (not so good build quality, worst aftersale service)

And yes, GT 520 does perform better than the DDR3 version of HD 6450. So you can also get it. Look for the Zotac version, will be available at the same price range.

Top Bottom