EA to increase PC game prices

funskar

Padawan
EA to increase PC game prices in India

We tweeted a rumour yesterday about a possible price hike in EA's PC games in India. We’ve now received word from the publisher confirming the same.

We had heard from a source around E3 that EA might be looking to re-price PC games in India closer to the prices it charges in the rest of the world. The price points mentioned to us were Rs 2,499 and Rs 3,299.

A price reconsideration seems even more likely considering that we’re three months away from the release of FIFA 14, and retailers like Game4u are still to begin preorders; not knowing the price or release date didn’t stop it from taking PS4 preorders though.

We got in touch with Chris Gatherer, EA’s regional director for EMEA markets, who confirmed to us, “We will be launching our pre-orders on Origin soon and I can confirm the pricing will be comparative to global market pricing.”Source

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
EA games prices are already high, and now what extent they will loot?

Wait, it will not end here, on day 1 XYZ dlc, pay 1.5K more to use the full contents. So basically we are buying a demo game at double price. lol. My last mistake I did, buying Simcity 2013.

I will rather support indie developers. Good bye EA.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
EA games prices are already high, and now what extent they will loot?

Wait, it will not end here, on day 1 XYZ dlc, pay 1.5K more to use the full contents. So basically we are buying a demo game at double price. lol. My last mistake I did, buying Simcity 2013.

I will rather support indie developers. Good bye EA.

But there's nothing like BF4, no substitute for it. :<

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Tell thanks to the Dollar rate

They pretty much had high prices on origin for everything (remember BF3 premium?) and slowly increased prices as the months passed.

It was almost certain that they would do a full inflation once next gen was imminent.

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Well this was bound to happen as PC games in India are dirt cheap compared to rest of the world
But I seriously hope that they don't increase PC game price above 2k...

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
NSA has no authority here, unless you mean the Indian govt's advisor (who wont waste time on some pirates).

Top Bottom