e6300 overheating help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

nfsfan

Broken In
hi guys ..thanx to all for helping me out 4 my new pc...i know that core2duo e6300 runs very cool.but my ai-booster is showing temperatures of 45 degrees...thats too high....or is the sensor faulty....urgent help...no overclocking done till now....and when i run ai booster system restarts itself in 5 seconds.....and the gpu(xfx geforce 7300gs )is also showing temperatures of 60-62 degrees without playing any games.....
whats more the ai booster utility shows the cpu speed as 3595 mhz whereas i have not even overclocked it...cpu-z shows it fine....help me...asus people dont know anything...

goobimama

 Macboy
I've been running a pentium 4 3.0Ghz HT at 60 degrees continuous. It goes up to 72-75 degrees during load times (ripping, etc)..... 45 degrees sounds reeeeeally cool to me (i repeat, to me).

jz2linkinpark

Ambassador of Buzz
you too huh?
even i was persuaded to buy a core2duo rig thanks to cool kapoor:evil:
and now i'm also facing severe problems,mine was delivered yesterday morning,and i realised that one of my cores were disabled:mad:
i'm not having any heating problems though,but take a look at my cooling solution:D
air-condition enabled 24/7:D
*img165.imageshack.us/my.php?image=14012006001jv2.jpg

G

gxsaurav

core 2 duo CPUs are cool, if properly installed

I have only seen one Core 2 duo computer sold here, an E6300 with some Asus motherboard, I don't remember the name some P5B maybe

check in the BIOS, what’s the threshold temperature for it, cos usually the BIOS sensor are not always accurate, like the temperature sensor in my 865GBF is supposed to show temperature 8C higher then usual

There should be an option like " Shut down computer when the temperature reaches to XXX Celsius" disable it

Also, better use Intel active monitor, cos it reads the temperature directly from the CPU inbuilt temperature censor

blackpearl

The Devil
You know what? Your temp is perfectly allright. The maximum temp of E6300 is 61.4 degrees so 45 degrees is pretty cool. Besides, don't trust the temp shown by the software. NO thermal probe can measure temp accurately and the worse is different mobo's report different temp. Here is an excellent article that deals with this issue and removes common misconception. One common misconception being "the temp reported in the BIOS is idle temp" and many such.

*www.swiftnets.com/troubleshooting.htm

I also remember reading somewhere that the max temp stated by the processor manufacturer is a little lower than the actual. So the proc can withstand a couple of degrees more than that stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom