Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
I was using VGA port(I dont know what its called exactly) of my monitor till now because my onboard graphics has only vga out but now I am buying a graphic card(8600GT) within 2 weeks.My question is which one is better VGA OR DVI?Will using dvi give me better picture quality?

casanova

The Frozen Nova
DVI better coz the output is digital and there is no conversion involved i.e; there is a digital to digital transfer

VGA: Digital to analog and then analog to digital

shantanu

Technomancer
i was using a Dell 21" LCD with my 8800 and it was connected by DVI cable, the display was awesomely clear. about 15 days back my dog gave a jump to broke my LCD and i switched to my old 19" crt DELL, the display is now converted to VGA and its about 50% less authentic compared to it was before. ! so definately DVI is better .

mukundpathak

Broken In
@shantanu,
What happens when an LCD breaks ? Are there glass pieces around..or some liquid comes out or what ?

By the way, give my love to the Dog.. and some biscuits.

shantanu

Technomancer
lol ! no nothing happens as such, not even the front thing breaks or atleast didnt broke in my case. the screen had a spider like web created inside and when i plugged it there was only light flashing besides the screen. i kept it on coz it was like some hacker map or something and after 4 or 5 hrs. it said me good bye and gave a final whistle and went down :D

i already gave my god some biscuits :D with love

vish786

"The Gentleman"
shantanu said:
i was using a Dell 21" LCD with my 8800 and it was connected by DVI cable, the display was awesomely clear. about 15 days back my dog gave a jump to broke my LCD and i switched to my old 19" crt DELL, the display is now converted to VGA and its about 50% less authentic compared to it was before. ! so definately DVI is better .

hey shantanu, is it possible to get some converter so tat i can cannot my 17" CRT monitor in DVI for better clarity.... ?

what would be cost of converter if available. ?

shantanu

Technomancer
yeah its possible.. but you got-to spend about 850/- bucks to get the convertor.. :p (the DVi-> VGA ) there are two types.. one is normal and the other is a cpecial edition with extra display control and clarity features, it retains the clarity from DVi and provides you almost same clarity as DVi on a VGA i mean CRT monitor :p i will post a link or a picture of a particular product... with brand make :)

OP
The_Devil_Himself

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
I think all XFX cards are shipped with this type of converter.i.e.dvi->vga but I don't know how good are they.

What kind of dog you have shantanu?bulldog,shepherd?

casanova

The Frozen Nova
BTW, how much would a DVI cable cost. I plan to buy this Saturday. Sadly, I couldn't find one last sunday.

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Ouch, it hurt. I thought it will put me back by some 250 bucks. Shantanu, please suggest which 1 should I buy for my Viewsonic monitor

shantanu

Technomancer
go for the DVI cable , you can get of viewsonic only, it will cost you 700/- and if you go for the normal makes, then also it is around 600 or 650/-

but there is always jugaard :D , there is a cable made by intex it costs rs. 450/- so you can go for that too.. but if you need quality go for the higher ones.. and you will notice thedifference... The authenticity is just like WOW :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom