DVD writer

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
int86

int86

You'r Born Free
ok finally tell me what about LiteOn 1633, that avaliable.

This Asus drive is avalable, what u suggest, I am also getting LiteOn 1633.
So your final verdict.

Last edited:

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
The Pioneer 110 for sure! The LiteON 1633 is an old drive with many problems..

OP
int86

int86

You'r Born Free
I tested a cheap media in my friends asus dvd rw. Physically i was able to see that burning went kaput. I used tycoon.
So before i go mad tommorow i will get an benq 1640 OEM. As 1650 is not available.

kalpik

Hmm.. well yeah.. Pioneer drives are well known for being very picky with cheap media. BenQ 1640 is a wise choice :)

OP
int86

int86

You'r Born Free
Finally I got today BenQ 1640 OEM.
Going to try some skill to test it.
How much time it takes to flash firmware. Since I have a 10 min backup UPS.
I will post test results, since I cannot interpret it.

kalpik

Umm.. just a lil less than a minute! Dont worry, a dead drive can be recovered. So its not like flashing the BIOS.

OP
int86

int86

You'r Born Free
Thanx kalpik,
drive seem to work right.
Downloaded Qsuit and also flashed drive.
Tell some tweakes

kalpik

Umm.. The drive doesnt require any special tweaks.. Just leave the Q-Suite settigns to default.. Head over to *club.cdfreaks.com for more on the drive!

slugger

Banned
I bought a LITEON Super All write LH6AIP for Rs 1950
Please tell me if I need to flash its firmware inorder to be able to play DVDs of all region.
If yes please tell me how to go about doing it.

Shasanka_Gogoi

In the zone
OK int86 go for LITE-ON Drives, they are highly reliable and should not cost you more that Rs. 2400 or elsego for the Sony Drive's, these are a bit heavy on the budget around 2800 but still they do not provide any advantage over Lite-on , take sony, only if Lite-on is not available. I think their is no diff between 2+ & 3+ writers. Its the brand that matters(i m not sure)

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
Hi guys , I am gonna buy a DVD writer within next week. My budget is max. 3k but I will try to buy it under 2.5 k.
I wanna buy the best in the business but I dont need to write Light scribed CDs/DVDs , so this feature is not required. I want a writer that can support all type of media , support DL layer DVD writing. Also , can read sctrached/damaged discs more effectively. Please guide me....
I saw sony DRU 830 A as best buy in digit dec issue and Liteon 165P6S as best buy in aug 06 in PC world . I mconfused please help me decide soon.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom