DVD writer

Status
Not open for further replies.

int86

You'r Born Free
Plese dont tell me to search forum.
I want to buy a dvd Writer.
I have just 2 IDE connectors on my mobo. One for HDD and One for CD-Rom.(I guess that same data cable is shared).
Suggest me a DVD Writer with price. latest price with location will help me.
Most of time i would be using it as CD Writer.
Can anybody tell me what difference between Rs2k+ add Rs3K+ writers.
I am a price consious man as you can see my configration.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
int86 said:
Can anybody tell me what difference between Rs2k+ add Rs3K+ writers.
didn't understandit. plz say clearly.
Almost all DVD writers costs around 2k to a max upto 2.2k except the lightscribes.
U can go for Liteon or sony. The sony's perfomance on CD writin nd reading is not that g8t compared to Liteon, LG etc. I think Benq has 2yr warranty, so g8t bang for the buck. I suggest invest another 500/- for a CD rom or 1100/- for a DVD rom to read all those discs nd use the burner for burnin purpose only.
If ur mobo has 2 IDE connectors, u can have 4 ide devices max. U can have 2 devices from a single connector as the master nd slave.

OP
int86

int86

You'r Born Free
@aravind_n20 thankx a lot
I have a cd-Rom to read. i just told that majority of time I will be using my DVD-Writer to write cds.
Ofcourse I am not going to buy lightscribes, but want to know about it.
after searching forum I am thinking to buy Lite_on. Am i right. more reviews needed. Tommorow I will go to local vender.

one

Broken In
nice bro its a Lite-on is a best buy ,sony and asus dvd writer is also good.samsung released 18x dvd dual writer

Vyasram

The pWnster
use a double connector and use the cdrom and dvd writer in one ide connection

buy liteon or benq, around 2.5 k the best

dont buy samsung

OP
int86

int86

You'r Born Free
kalpik said:
BenQ DW 1650 around 2 - 2.2 K.
I will try to follow u. If i didnt get BenQ i will go for LiteON.

I want cheap but having good brand name.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Right now all DVD Writers are approximately the same price.. And yeah LiteON ones are good too..

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
If u connect 2 optical drives in 1 IDE then set one as master as indicated in the pin by inserting the jumper. Just leave the second drive with no jumpers nd see in bios if both of them gets detected. If not insert the jumper in the 2nd drives's slave pins nd it would be detected in either of these cases.

OP
int86

int86

You'r Born Free
@kalpik
I placed an order for a BenQ 1650 at 2k. i will be gettting it in 3 days.(I live in a small town). The local guy insisted me to take a samsung for 2.2k in box pack but I denied flat. He said that the Benq I will get without box packing. Is there anything to worry without the box. Are there chances of fraud.
Will I be needing a bill to visit its service centre. He said I can save VAt if I do not take bill.

kalpik

^^ You wont get warranty if you dont take the bill.. I think he's offering you the OEM drive.. Make sure the drive is new (at least it looks new).. And DO take the bill.. Anyway, the box packed would have been a better option.. Otherwise if you dont wanna take any chances, go wid LiteON.

OP
int86

int86

You'r Born Free
Today I got the stuff But it was an OEM BenQ 1640. So i told the dealer I dont want 1640 but 1650. He called me again tommorow if 1650 will be available for him. Can i take Sony since it is also an BenQ product.

kalpik

Hmm.. I've had a bad experience with 2 sony drives.. So wont recommend them. Take LiteON if BenQ is not available. Ah and yes, 1640 is also an excellent drive.

OP
int86

int86

You'r Born Free
Today the dealer informed me that BenQ 1650 cant be supplied by him, as it is not available in india. He demaned one more day. How I can convince him that its already in India.

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
after lot of reviews and informations last week i bought a sony dvdrw dru820A, thou Liteon was available i didnt buy coz there is no warranty support. sony dru 820A is quite good.

OP
int86

int86

You'r Born Free
I went to another dealer today ,he was ready to provide a LiteOn for 2.3k in box pack.
Now I have two choices: BenQ 1640(OEM,2k) and LiteON(box pack, 2.3k)
Now I think kalpik has the final verdict.
Can u also tell me what model no of LiteOn is a better option, if u suggest the LiteOn one.

kalpik

Hmm.. The BenQ 1640 would be better for writing single layer DVD's (cuz the 1640 has some problems burning dual layer DVD's).. But on the whole i think the LiteON would be a better option future wise. I really dunno about the model nos but i guess you'l have to do a lil research on *club.cdfreaks.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom