dvd writer not workin properly. it gives blank dvd's after burning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tango_cash

In the zone
dvd writer not workin properly.strange problem!!!!!

hi ppl i have a sony dvd writer.
when i write a dvd with it, it shows no content i.e blank after writing.
but when i use IsoBuster to see the contents of the dvd it shows everything in it. but there are crosses in front of all the files.although when i extract a file it works well.there is no problem with that,i mean the data is there but it is not showing it.
pls help me.
here are the pics
*img512.imageshack.us/img512/4686/isorv0.th.jpg

*img515.imageshack.us/img515/6758/windowuj5.th.jpg

*img518.imageshack.us/img518/5313/indowth6.th.jpg

Last edited:

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
What speeds are you burning at ? If possible, lower the speed and then burn. Also, try changing the media. Switch to a better brand like Moser Baer (In case you're not using it already).

OP
tango_cash

tango_cash

In the zone
i write at 12x mostly. and for the media i use orignal sony dvd's(with jewel case) dude.i don't think there is a better media out there.
should i try lens cleaning.
which lens cleaner should i use,and will it void my warranty???

i found a new thing. last night i switched off my p.c with the dvd in the drive.today when i started it the dvd was shown in the dvd drive in my computer,just like normally.and i cud play all songs and everything was working normally.but i ejected it and re inserted it and it again disappeared i.e did not show in my computer.

Last edited:

Who

Guess Who's Back
maybe this sounds stupid but i think your wire is lose, open the CPU & try to re-instert it in the DVD drive, maybe it will fix the problem

OP
tango_cash

tango_cash

In the zone
i have a 915 gav intel orignal mobo.it has only one port for parrallal ata so i have my cd writer and dvd writer connected to it. sometimes it only shows my dvd writer and not cd writer.
i think the loose wire thing is right . i will try it.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
Try upgrading the firmware as it may not support the writting. U will get it on the com`s website

--CA50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom