dvd writer needed urrrrrrrgent....

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am not a lite-on dealer....lol....
anyways,one thing is 4 sure...lite-on is available in the 4 main metros.
dont know of others.

OP
N

neyo

Broken In
rahul_becks23 said:
i am not a lite-on dealer....lol....
anyways,one thing is 4 sure...lite-on is available in the 4 main metros.
dont know of others.

thanks a lot anyway. but what do u say if i had to choose between lite-on 165p6s and 1635s. whats the price difference? thanks!

yogi7272 said:
ok .. I have got benq dw 1640 and lite on shm 165p6s ...frankly, for practical use lite on is better than benq .. benq doesn't like dvd -r media .. but works wonderfully well with dvd +r media .. lite on does well with both..

what has been ur experience with 165p6s? do u suggest me to buy this.
and is it better than 1635s? where did u buy it. thanks a lot.

Last edited:

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
lite on shm 165p6s

cos its newer drive and has better firmware support .. lots of tools availabla online ..

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
neyo said:
thanks a lot anyway. but what do u say if i had to choose between lite-on 165p6s and 1635s. whats the price difference? thanks!

what has been ur experience with 165p6s? do u suggest me to buy this.
and is it better than 1635s? where did u buy it. thanks a lot.

go for lite on shm165p6s or shm165h6s if u want lightscribe .. but to me 165p6s is better .. lots of tweaking tools available online like region free , read speed hacks , writing speed hacks etc etc ..

OP
N

neyo

Broken In
well finally guys i found a lite-on dealer at ctc. i visited atleast 20 shops for the lite-on drive. the shop guy didn't tell me the model no. well how lucky i was today. i found a 1635s on the display window and guess what? it was the last one he had! wo! now that was real cool and lucky!

i bought it for 2250. nevertheless i'm a happy man. the drive comes with a extra black bezel. didn't write any dvds but soon i will.

well thanks for all your replies guys. i really found them very helpful!

keep em comin!

prasad_den

Padawan
Well..Going through the posts above, I have decided that Benq must be the best followed by liteon. Now I visited these companies' websites and found that there are numerous models in each. Latest Benq model is 1670; for liteon it is 160p6s and 165p6s..
Now someone suggest me which one of these should I go for..?? Or is it okay if I settle for a Benq 1650 as some suggested..?? I don't need lightscribe function..and dual layer recording would be preferable.. My budget is not more than 2.5K....

the one which u should go 4 depends on u............what u want in a writer.........both companies r good....its up to u to what choice to make......whose knows better what U want than urself :) .............

Last edited:

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
hey people i got three of them

sony DW-Q120A-B2 (2300/-)
Samsung SH-W162 Z
Lite on SOHW 1633s

of this samsung sucks !!! yep tray problem
sony is the smooth sailor
Liteon uhmmmmm its ok not that blazing

sony boxpack is good dont buy the other one ( the plastic bag packed) do see if there are any date or dealer code mentioned on the DVD case ( naked) as there are chances of refuribished ones!!! same goes for the others too

with box pack we get all sort of nichies like sony gives changeable front tray door
etc

regards
Nixon

prasad_den

Padawan
rahul_becks23 said:
the one which u should go 4 depends on u............what u want in a writer.........both companies r good....its up to u to what choice to make......whose knows better what U want than urself :) .............
Hey rahul...what else can I expect in a writer other than it being able to write DVDs..?? :confused: :D I've already mentioned that I don't need lightscribe..What else need I look into..??

@prasad_den-
a lot depends on u...........like past experience with the company's products, or the highest burn speed av., or the look of the model,ther r a lot of factors..............
But,i recommend u Lite-On SHW 1635S.

prasad_den

Padawan
rahul_becks23 said:
@prasad_den-
a lot depends on u...........like past experience with the company's products, or the highest burn speed av., or the look of the model,ther r a lot of factors..............
But,i recommend u Lite-On SHW 1635S.
I've no past experience with these companies... and am not really worried about the looks. :D So only performance matters. I have read equally good reviews about liteon 1635s and benq 1650..... Thats what is confusing me.
Anyway, thanks for the suggestion mate.. Looks like ultimately I'll settle for the one with the lesser price tag :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom