dvd writer needed urrrrrrrgent....

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquid_nitrogen88

Journeyman
these r the approx prices(+/- Rs 50-100)

LG GSA-H10A Rs. 2400/-
Liteon 1673S Rs. 2700/-
Liteon SOHW-1693S Rs. 3200/-
Samsung SH-W 162Z Rs. 2600/-
Sony DW-G120A Rs.3000/-
Sony DRU-800A Rs. 4000/-
Sony DRU-810A Rs.2600/-
Sony DRU-820A Rs. 2600/-

rahul_becks23 said:
forget about sony,benq n all....
GET a LITE-ON DVD Writer.

hey rahul,u use liteon?
got any probs in reading many DVD movies(even original ones?)
wat abt copying video files from disc to HD?Is it taking ages?
me got these 2 probs.
otherwise the drive is good with super quick writing abilities...

Last edited:

royal

Padawan
liquid_nitrogen88 said:

LG GSA-H10A Rs. 2400/-
Liteon 1673S Rs. 2700/-
Sony DW-G120A Rs.3000/-
Sony DRU-800A Rs. 4000/-
Sony DRU-810A Rs.2600/-
Sony DRU-820A Rs. 2600/-

hey rahul,u use liteon?
me got these 2 probs.

You forgot to add BENQ 1650 ... street price around Rs.2050/- in Kolkata ;)

Regarding your second problem,maybe the Transfer Mode of the drive is "PIO only".If so, set it to "DMA if available".See if it helps. :p

janitha

Wise Old Owl
liquid_nitrogen88 said:

LG GSA-H10A Rs. 2400/-
Liteon 1673S Rs. 2700/-
Sony DW-G120A Rs.3000/-
Sony DRU-800A Rs. 4000/-
Sony DRU-810A Rs.2600/-
Sony DRU-820A Rs. 2600/-

hey rahul,u use liteon?
me got these 2 probs.

I feel the prices quoted are very much on the higher side, as of now.
BTW, did you quote Boxed or OEM prices?

liquid_nitrogen88

Journeyman
"""""maybe the Transfer Mode of the drive is "PIO only".If so, set it to "DMA if available""""".
please tell me how can i do that pal.i am not getting that option in the properties tab.

"""""feel the prices quoted are very much on the higher side, as of now.
BTW, did you quote Boxed or OEM prices?"""""
ya..these are one month old prices...but all r boxed.

"""""get the firmwire update from Liteon's site."""""
thanks 4 the tip pal...i'll do that....

Kniwor

Learner
i just got 2 BENQ 1650 and fell in love with it... great price great drive...

this drive has some good error correction mechanism it seems... it avoids the CRC errors a great deal while copying DVD's/CD's( dont expect them to dissapear)

Kniwor

Learner
BENQ DVD DD DW1650 (DVD+R9:8x, DVD-R9:4x, DVD+RW:16x/8x, DVD-RW:16x/6x, DVD-ROM:16x, CD:48x/32x/48x DVD+RW/DVD-RW)

here it is..... any doubts... i got 2 of them here and they are working great, and this drive is the most silent one i've ever had..... very silent for an optical drive to be

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Yup.. BenQ 1650 is an excellent drive (easily the best drive right now). Even i have one :D

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Kniwor said:
i just got 2 BENQ 1650 and fell in love with it... great price great drive...

this drive has some good error correction mechanism it seems... it avoids the CRC errors a great deal while copying DVD's/CD's( dont expect them to dissapear)

Just a doubt. Cant we achieve the same by turning off error checking in Nero?

liquid_nitrogen88 said:
"""""maybe the Transfer Mode of the drive is "PIO only".If so, set it to "DMA if available""""".
please tell me how can i do that pal.i am not getting that option in the properties tab.

"""""feel the prices quoted are very much on the higher side, as of now.
BTW, did you quote Boxed or OEM prices?"""""
ya..these are one month old prices...but all r boxed.

"""""get the firmwire update from Liteon's site."""""
thanks 4 the tip pal...i'll do that....

Go to Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager->IDE/ATA controllers->PATA controller->Pri/Sec channel. There find your drive in either of the channels and you will have the option.

Last edited:

Kniwor

Learner
janitha said:
Just a doubt. Cant we achieve the same by turning off error checking in Nero?

i dont think so, for one, turning an option in nero cannot make a diff in windows copy....

second... error correction and error ignoring is 2 diff things... if u dont copy a thing u wont get error... so u can avoid error by "not copying the disk, dont use it, just throw it"

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Kniwor said:
i dont think so, for one, turning an option in nero cannot make a diff in windows copy....

second... error correction and error ignoring is 2 diff things... if u dont copy a thing u wont get error... so u can avoid error by "not copying the disk, dont use it, just throw it"

But checking the option in Nero does make copying disks (those having read errors) faster.

I agree absolutely reg the second thing ie., "error correction and error ignoring is 2 diff things". Will you pl elaborate about the error correction. Is it by attempting to read repeatedly?

liquid_nitrogen88

Journeyman
janitha said:
Go to Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager->IDE/ATA controllers->PATA controller->Pri/Sec channel. There find your drive in either of the channels and you will have the option.

i checked that.
under "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers",there are two primary and two secondary IDE channels.

In the properties tab of all (except Secondary IDE Channel Device 0),"device type" is "AUTO DETECTION" and "TRANSFER MODE" is 'DMA if available.'

In 'Secondary IDE Channel' 'Device 0','Device type' is 'Auto Detection' and greyed out,'TRANSFER MODE' is 'DMA if available' and 'CURRENT Transfer Mode' is 'PIO MODE'.Theres no option to change it.wat 2 do now pal?

janitha

Wise Old Owl
liquid_nitrogen88 said:
i checked that.
under "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers",there are two primary and two secondary IDE channels.

In the properties tab of all (except Secondary IDE Channel Device 0),"device type" is "AUTO DETECTION" and "TRANSFER MODE" is 'DMA if available.'

In 'Secondary IDE Channel' 'Device 0','Device type' is 'Auto Detection' and greyed out,'TRANSFER MODE' is 'DMA if available' and 'CURRENT Transfer Mode' is 'PIO MODE'.Theres no option to change it.wat 2 do now pal?

Uncheck "Let Bios Select Transfer Mode" and then you will be able to select th mode yourself.

pop143

Journeyman
i got sony dvd write last month..working fine..

i was unable to find "benq" model in coimbatore..!! wots the approx life for a dvd writer to produce error free dvds..?? or good dvd readable.??

kisorgovinda

Broken In
I purchased LG DVD writer recently. It makes a lot of sound when reading cds. Nero express provided doesnot have all features of Nero Burning Rom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom