DVD Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
I have LG DVD Writer. I very well remember that when I had installed it and checked the DVD region in the properties, it indicated as No region selected and thus I had 5 changes available

So far I have not played any movie DVDs on this DVD writer. The only DVD’s I used have been data DVDs. Recently I installed Win DVD trial software and played one mpg file from my local HDD. Now when I check the properties it indicates Region1 with changes remaining as 4.

I am surprised what might have auto set the region to Region1. Was it Win DVD software setting it on it’s own? The mpg clip I played was just a small track from one of the Hindi Movie DVD’s (All region) that I had copied to my local HDD few moths back and that too was copied from another DVD ROM I had before going for DVD Writer.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
I think it sets by the DVD decoder program....Un-install it and it may be come back 5 .

In my case i use Power DVD 7 and the change are reaming 4.
In my other computer no DVD Decoder software install and it says remaing change are 5. Though earlier I load the DVD decoder on that machine, and i remember that.... i saw the change reaming 4.

there was a software called like ...DVD Region CSS free which you can change the region of DVD without touching your DVD-Rom Region counter, and it fully compatiable with poewr dvd / win dvd software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom