DVD not getting burned

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbsudhir

Broken In
Hi All,

Its seems I am getting all tehprblems with my hardware this week.

In my desktop I am using samsung dvd writer. When I am trying to burn a dvd I getting 'Lead In' or 'Lead Out' error. Else suddenly burning it will give an error '(new of the vdd writer) reset illegal disc' ....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I am using Nero 8 as burning software.

Also I tried to burn DVDs in laptop which Compaq V6000 using Roxio burning software but I am getting an error 'Please check teh disc. You click retry button. You should have black disc ready'

But in both the cases I not understanding why I am getting this error.

Please guide as I need take backup of my data.

Thanks
Sudhir

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Use a good blank media for burning ur data like Moserbaer, Sony, HP and update the status here.
Keep at least 5GB space free in ur C drive
Use lower spped (4-6x) to write ur data.

Remember to update the status to us.

Raccoon

Journeyman
Seems you need a firmware update. See if one is available for your drive model. Meanwhile, you can try Media of other brands. Buy only the best media. Also try other formats... like if your current media is DVD-R, try DVD+R (or vice versa). DVD+R is a better choice though.

Better not to burn the DVDs as lower speed. Set it at the speed mentioned on your media... or at best 1 step lower (assuming your burner supports those speeds).

Suggest you dont use bloatware like Nero... esp. if you aren't using most of its functions. it will itself eat up your HDD space and resources! Try something like Ashampoo... or CDBurnerXP (even smaller), etc...

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!
Even check for background process and close them..clear temp.. Restart and then burn..try different cd burning app..

Raccoon

Journeyman
DVD+R is a newer and better format. It has many advantages like better error correction (hence more overall reliability), more space while creating multisession discs, etc, etc. Cost is about the same as the "-" media. Hence, its always best to use the "+" media, whenever possible.

OP
K

kbsudhir

Broken In
Thanks All for replying for my post.

I tried teh below as advised by all of you.

1. I tried using low write speed, It worked initially but later it again started giving me a lot of errors some times it will not verify else it will just give me an error while burning.

2. I am fed my losing 10DVDs, then i tried using the simulation function of Nero but in simulation also I am getting the same error.

3 In my laptop I used Moser Baer DVDs but with same results i.e 'Please check the disc. You click retry button. You should have black disc ready' using Roxio.

How come both Laptop & Desktop DVD writers started acting weird together...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, its really frustrating.

Raccoon - I did not get DVD+R format as of now but I will try using the other softwares which you have recommended. And upate you the results.

Also please let me know how to update the firmware of my DVD writer

I really appreciate the precious time which you all have spent for replying my thread.

I will keep you all updated.

Thanks
Sudhir

Last edited:
OP
K

kbsudhir

Broken In
Raccoon, I have downaloaded the lastest firmware upate from the samsung site.

As per the manual, I run the WINInquiry File First.
Then I ran exe file but thats it, its asking for autorun.bin file to start the update but this file is not provided & I do not which autorun.bin files its mentioning.

Hence I am not able to update my firmware.

Sudhir

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom