dvd movie..!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

magneticme200

In the zone
hey guys...
ive gt a lot of movies in my pc in the avi and divx and various formats..!!
wat i want to knw is...say suppose i have 5 movies totalling upto 3.00 gb if calculated simply..!!
so accrdng too tht info...one would think that they can be easily written in a dvd movie format...with menus and all...for running it in the common dvd player...

bt wen i start adding up movies the the nero menu....as soon as i add a 700mb avi file...it takes up around 2.3gb on the disk...

im unable to figure out the problem??

pls help..!

thnks in advance
manan

reply guys pls.......!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Simple.Thats because Nero starts to re-encode the .avi file into the native .vob format which occupies more space for a movie.The .avi files that you have are compressed movies from it's original DVD cousins.You can store max upto around 3-4 DVD movies in a normal DVD format but that again depends on compression of the .vob file which again would mean "more the movies=more the quality loss." Try using WinAVI converter & convert the desired movies into .vob format & then create a DVD Video in Nero.That would be faster compared to Nero's DVD conversion.

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
or if your DVD player can play divx movies, convert the avi's to DivX, and they generally stay about the same size as original

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Liggy said:
or if your DVD player can play divx movies, convert the avi's to DivX, and they generally stay about the same size as original
Mate a Divx compatible player can easily play those .avi files as they are nothing but Divx or Xvid codecs compression with the output extension being .avi.Some software usually output the conversion specifically in .divx format like Dr.Divx.Apart from that we just encode these movies under these codec compressions & could easily play those avi files in our Divx compatible players.I have a Philips DVP-5150 Divx player & it flawlessly plays most .avi files except for HD videos.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
^^this works only if the drive can read .avi files. thats not the case with all the drives

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
allwyndlima said:
Mate a Divx compatible player can easily play those .avi files as they are nothing but Divx or Xvid codecs compression with the output extension being .avi.Some software usually output the conversion specifically in .divx format like Dr.Divx.Apart from that we just encode these movies under these codec compressions & could easily play those avi files in our Divx compatible players.I have a Philips DVP-5150 Divx player & it flawlessly plays most .avi files except for HD videos.

thats what I thought, but some files still aren't written in DIVX. I tried renaming so many files, either I get no sound or no audio and sometimes I get a whole movie with nothing. So I just said screw it and end up converting them with divx PRO.
**magneticme200 watch out when u burn the discs as well some DVD players don't like DVD+R or -R, just a head's up if they don't play on your DVD player.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^Didn't quite get you out there? Meaning you had some .avi files which would not play in your DIVX player?

thrash_metal

In the zone
I had the same problem , upgraded my DVD player -> LG 302 SD -> added a 120Gb Hdd with movies (Divx Avi) on 4 FAT 32 partitions -> connected vis USB to the player and watch ..... got dissapointed as majority of the DVD players on the marker do tend to distrupt the aspect ratio of Divx movies 0 ... so u might wanna do the DVD thingi

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^The aspect ratio disruption has been a major issue with most of the LG players.I had been to Vijay sales to try out all the possible Divx players before I made my purchase & found that the LG players would screw the original 16:9 anamorphic ascept ratio to 4:3 & hence making it wierdly stretched.Had my Philips player for a over 5 months now & till date has never messed up any resolution.

thrash_metal

In the zone
Currently I'm using a Sony one , even that disturbs the res a lil . So I got a better option .. Stream into !! works 100% and is great ... no res change

thrash_metal

In the zone
Then brother the best thing for you might be the 4+ in 1 disc DVD ..... even i have a question here .. how low will the quality get as in reduction ? anyone done this ? can u please put down the steps ?

slugger

Banned
den converting it into DVD compatible format *.vob will make it large in size cause divx and other such formats compres d vdo dat gets decompressed everytime u play it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom