DVD Burning Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vasiq

Broken In
Hi guys,
I've a Sony DVD RW DRU-190A and recently i got an error while i was writing a 4 GB DVD using Power ISO software.
The error code is Burning failed(-109, 987a9b5c).
And i can't write any dvd.....

mrintech

Technomancer
Possibilities:

* The DVD media you are using is causing problem with your DVD writer, try using another media.

* Clean the DVD writer using Lens Cleaner

* The lens may get replaced, time to repair or replace if under warranty. If not go for LG or Samsung

;)

Also try burning the DVDs with other softwares like Nero and try to reduce the file size.

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Try burning some other DVD, if that too fails, then surely it is a problem with your lens.

OP
V

Vasiq

Broken In
Possibilities:

* The DVD media you are using is causing problem with your DVD writer, try using another media.

* Clean the DVD writer using Lens Cleaner

* The lens may get replaced, time to repair or replace if under warranty. If not go for LG or Samsung

;)

Also try burning the DVDs with other softwares like Nero and try to reduce the file size.

I'm using National and i've Sony DVD RW190A writer and i've tried using other softwares like with Nero after 100% it froze and using Power ISO i got an burning failed error

Try burning some other DVD, if that too fails, then surely it is a problem with your lens.

i've wasted 3 dvd's but the first one worked perfectly but after that when it started freezing on 100% using nero software any solution.....

Last edited:

jal_desai

In the zone
I had several problems with National... I know it is widely available and cheap so obvious for anyone to go for it.but try using moser baer or frontech atleast that has 16X written on it.. lesser than 16x caused problems for me. Use InfraRecorder for burning it.

OP
V

Vasiq

Broken In
I had several problems with National... I know it is widely available and cheap so obvious for anyone to go for it.but try using moser baer or frontech atleast that has 16X written on it.. lesser than 16x caused problems for me. Use InfraRecorder for burning it.

Thank you for the suggestion but now it's working fine actually there was some problem in the burning software itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom