Duplicate LG monitor ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohanty1942

Journeyman
I am from Nashik. Recently I purchased a LG 500G 15" color monitor.

Windows 98 (Not checked in WinXP) is not detecting the monitor's model and taking it as Default monitor. ( As for conventional monitor Win98 should detect the model no & show it as Plug & Play monitor). I doubt the genuinity of the product.

Is there any option to check ?

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
i dont think thats just a problem
there has always been flip-flop between a default and plug&play stuff
check bios settings.......
and of course install the lg driver if u r still bothered !!!!

OP
mohanty1942

mohanty1942

Journeyman
But I think all branded monitors include their model name & basic information in ROM chip which help the OS identify the monitor. I have seen this (geniunity) with several other LG monitors also. (Why this particular LG 500G should fail doing this? )

For all those analogue/unbranded & old model monitors - Windows find them as default monitor (--and doesn't allow to change refresh rate unles we change the monitor from default to PnP) .
This shouldn't happen with LG and that in year 2005 (when everything is PnP) !!

OP
mohanty1942

mohanty1942

Journeyman
Yes , Finally I got a clue by interchanging the monitor to another system. The monitor is detected fine on this system.

The original system was having Asus K8S-MX motherboard with AMD Sempron 2500. The later one is Asus K8N with AMD athlon 64 3000+ (NV FX5200 AGP).

I think it is the ability of a graphics chipset to identify a monitor and the Sis graphis chip in 'Asus K8S-MX' mobo might have failed to identify the monitor.

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
i suggest you download everest home edition from here this software is quite useful
and iam sure if would surely identify your monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom