dual sim mobile under 3k

just_asim

100% GENUINE
I need names of dual sim mobile model names under 3k, I'll be using it as a secondary mobile (using Nokia for my primary use), the only feature I'm looking for in the mobile is Good Battery Backup. [PC synchronization (only to maintain contacts would be an added advantage)]

I have have selected some models available on online shopping stores are

1. Intex iSmart (2841 INR)
2. Intex 2060 (2600 INR)
3. Videocon 1705 (2900 INR)

Please provide me with other model names that I should opt for and if not which of the 3 I should go for...

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I have a Videocon V1305 model, which was Rs.1500 some 3 months back. Battery backup is not bad, I barely use it though. 3k is too much for a secondary purpose Dual SIM imo.

rsk11584

Journeyman
Yeah even my boss bought one dual simmobile of videocon costed 1400 bucks battery backup is good but it doesnt have camera etc, so if only receiving and making calls is your motive then no need of spending 3k on it, dont buy any chinese ones or non reliable ones once i bought a dual sim touch screen 7 speaker, alfatel mobile and they gave 2 batteries with it, now after 1 yr the battery discharges in 4 hrs flat whether you use it or not, and if you keep it for recharge in 20 mins it will show that charge completed, so go for some reliable brand like nokia, videocon ,

search for dual sim in univercell.in you will find many LG, Samsung, Nokia in range of 1-2K,,, there are also brands named FLY, LAVA, KARBONN, but i dont know their credibility

Rockstar11

Technomancer
Samsung Guru E2152 dual-SIM phone
1000mAh battery that provides up to 11 hours of talk time.
Dual SIM Standby,
The versatile feature set of the phone include – VGA Camera with video recording, MP3 player with Micro SD card and powerful speakers. Wireless FM radio with recording and use the powerful torch light that the phone provides.

Talk time 674 minutes
Standby 555 hours

SAR value 0.79

price :Rs.2,788

dont buy Indo-Chinese Phone like micromax, LAVA, Zen.... The reason is that they are chinese mobiles which have not been tested for their SAR value...its very dangerous and can have long term effect on the health of the users. The government of india should make the testing and publishing of SAR values compulsory for all mobiles sold in India

Using a phone with SAR value above 1.0 is not recommended.

Beware!!!

OP
J

just_asim

100% GENUINE
I don't think Nokia C1 have the capability to use both the SIM at a single time.
I'll rather prefer going for Videocon as suggested.
Does any 1 knw the performance of Spice mobies?

Samsung Guru E2152 dual-SIM phone
1000mAh battery that provides up to 11 hours of talk time.
Dual SIM Standby,
The versatile feature set of the phone include – VGA Camera with video recording, MP3 player with Micro SD card and powerful speakers. Wireless FM radio with recording and use the powerful torch light that the phone provides.

Talk time 674 minutes
Standby 555 hours

SAR value 0.79

price :Rs.2,788

dont buy Indo-Chinese Phone like micromax, LAVA, Zen.... The reason is that they are chinese mobiles which have not been tested for their SAR value...its very dangerous and can have long term effect on the health of the users. The government of india should make the testing and publishing of SAR values compulsory for all mobiles sold in India

Using a phone with SAR value above 1.0 is not recommended.

Beware!!!

I'll surely keep Samsung as one of my choices but as people here say that good dual sim mobiles are also availabe under 2k so I'm giving preference to them, if none of those satisfy I'll go by your suggestion.

Last edited:

vaibhav99

Broken In
Sorry for inserting my query on to ur thread as
Even I am also Looking for Dual Sim Mobile,
As i travel a lot between mumbai pune
Short listed are
Samsung E2152 and C3212, (Prices Pls??)
My Primary requirement is
Active Dual Sim Standby (MUST),
Good Battery Backup,
Love to have Pc sync will help a lot to maintain contacts ..
Camera no priority have nokia n79 and n73 me,
GPRS Connectivity will be added advantage
I heard Nokia C-2 (is it launched?)
have most of the feature but not sure
Nokia C-1 is not dual stand by so out of question
dont want any other brand seen spice micromax videocon did not like it
any help would be gr8
Thankx
Vaibhav

Digimake

Right off the assembly line
I was using Spice phone, but there was voice clarity problem when i used 2 Sims on it... looking a new dual sim phone... but i font want this problem continue...

Rockstar11

Technomancer
Nokia C1
waste phone. Only one sim active at a time... Nokia C1 no support to either GPRS, EDGE or Bluetooth. The Nokia C1 doesn't come with a microSD slot for additional storage.
dont go this...

go for Samsung

Sorry for inserting my query on to ur thread as
Even I am also Looking for Dual Sim Mobile,
As i travel a lot between mumbai pune
Short listed are
Samsung E2152 and C3212, (Prices Pls??)
My Primary requirement is
Active Dual Sim Standby (MUST),
Good Battery Backup,
Love to have Pc sync will help a lot to maintain contacts ..
Camera no priority have nokia n79 and n73 me,
GPRS Connectivity will be added advantage
I heard Nokia C-2 (is it launched?)
have most of the feature but not sure
Nokia C-1 is not dual stand by so out of question
dont want any other brand seen spice micromax videocon did not like it
any help would be gr8
Thankx
Vaibhav

Samsung Guru E2152 VS Nokia C2

Size: The Samsung Guru E2152 dual-sim phone is the largest of the three -- weighing 80.4 gm, to the Nokia C2-00's 74 gm
But, the Samsung Guru E2125 dual-SIM phone is slimmest of the lot, measuring 13.5mm thin to the Nokia C2-00's 14.7mm.

Screen Display: The Samsung Guru E2152 beats the Nokia C2-00 dual-SIM phones by including a 2-inch screen with 256K colors -the Nokia dual-SIM phones manage just 1.8-inch screen with 65K colors.

Connectivity: the Samsung Guru 2152 dual-SIM phone has better connectivity features than the Nokia C2-00 dual-SIM phones. The Samsung Guru 2152 dual-SIM phone supports GPRS, EDGE and Bluetooth 2.1 with A2DP connectivity (Lets you use stereo bluetooth headset)

Both phones have an Micro USB port for PC connectivity. Infrared is left out by both the manufacturers but it won’t hurt as hardly anyone uses infrared devices these days. Further both phones have GPRS connectivity allowing one to use internet on the mobile. Samsung E2152 even offers EDGE connectivity for faster internet access on mobile than GPRS.

Messaging & Phonebook:
Samsung E2152 & Nokia C2 allow user to send & receive SMS, MMS, Emails & even use IM for chatting. Samsung offers 1000 contact phonebook with photocall while Nokia C2 offers half of Samsung E2152 at 500 contacts with photocalls.

Media Player & FM:

Once again both phones bundle a music player capable of playing WAV, MP3 & AAC formats. The Samsung E2152 even bundles a video player which allows one to play MP4 videos which Nokia C2 omits. Though this doesn’t seems a potential deciding factor as the videos will look pixelated due to the lower resolution screen & then again they won’t be enjoyable on the tiny screen. Maybe Nokia thought of this & decided to exclude the video player. When it comes to FM, both handset come with stereo FM receiver & both supporting FM recording, a feature which even is rare on the higher end phones. Further Samsung E2152 has FM with RDS but Nokia C2 here again excludes RDS & provides a vanilla FM. To Nokia’s credit they have included a 3.5 mm audio jack so you can plug in good quality headsets to enjoy your music.

Camera:

Both phones come with VGA camera(0.3 megapixel) without flash. The Samsung E2152 yet again tries to outwit Nokia C2 with a futile 128*160 video recording at mere 15 FPS. Nokia excludes the video recording & it doesn’t seems to hurt yet again. Camera should be average if not poor & users should not give much importance to it

Storage: Samsung Guru E2152 dual-SIM phone is outclassed in the storage department by the Nokia C2-00: both the phones come with a microSD slot, but the Samsung Guru E2152 manages up to 2GB of data, whereas the Nokia C2-00 supports up to 32GB of storage

Memory:
Both handset use MicroSD card to provide external memory. Here Samsung E2152 doesn’t supports SDHC microSD cards & so allows one to only insert maximum of 2GB memory card. Nokia C2 supports SDHC & thus allows one to use microSD cards upto 32GB in size. Samsung E2152 not using SHDC cards comes as a surprise since it supports video recording & video player but then again choose to exclude SDHC functionality. If you’re going to load you phone with loads of MP3 & use it as an MP3 player then Nokia C2 will be your best bet as it not only supports SDHC microSD cards but also comes with 3.5mm audio jack.

Battery: The Samsung Guru E2152 dual-SIM phone claims 11 hours of talktime, the Nokia C2-00 up to 4 hours

The Samsung E2152 even has the support for nine regional languages and the fake call in built facility. The best part is that the phone comes with the Wireless FM Radio with Paragon Lite user interface and recording facility.

The Samsung Guru E2152 dual-SIM phone and Nokia C2-00 have JAVA browsing support. Samsung E2152 additionally offers Facebook, Twitter social networking support and Samsung E2152 dual-SIM phone have an embedded:idea:flashlight at the top of the phone.

What we think: The Samsung Guru E2152 dual-SIM phone is without a doubt the best phone compared to the Nokia C2 dual-SIM phones, with respect to social networking, features, screen size, camera, and connectivity options. Depending on your budget -- which is the defining factor in a budget-conscious phone buying decision -- you have to decide which phone matches your needs.

Samsung E2152M
Rs.2,981

Samsung E2152
Rs.2,692

Last edited:

vaibhav99

Broken In
@RockStar - Wow Man That Was Gr8 Comparison... thanks A Lot ..
U made my decision easy ... Will purchase Phone on weekend at mumbai

Will Be going for Samsung E2152 as it meets my main requirement i.e.
Active Dual Sim Standby,
Good Battery Backup (even if i get half (5.5hr) of what samsung claims (11hrs)) it will be sufficient for me
PC connectivity just for contacts sync
GPRS (EDGE in case of smasung) n Bluetooth will be added advantage

As Far as storage, Music, Radio, Camera (Video) is concern Nokia N73ME is there
and N79 satisfy my Web Connectivity Over Wifi/3G and most of the other office work

Just Last Query U specified two prices in ur post ..
what is difference between E2152 & E2152M ?

1st samsung phone after using lots of nokia phones (5110, 3310, 3530, 7710, 6610i, N70-1, N73ME, N79)over period of the time, hope it lives upto expectation

Thankx Again Rockstar

Vaibhav

Rockstar11

Technomancer
@vaibhav99
welcome...
yaa i have N73ME and i want to buy secondary mobile for my other reliance and airtel sim cards (using Nokia for my primary use)

I am planning to purchase a dual-sim phone. Primarily I am looking for the following things..

Long Battery life
Powerful torch flashlight
Wireless stereo FM + recording (works without headset)
Active Dual Sim Standby ( im not sure this E2152 mobile is dual sim or active dual sim so please check before purchase :S)

Last edited:
OP
J

just_asim

100% GENUINE
can anybody differentiate between the Samsung E2152M and E2152 and tell which of the two is better.....and tell also about dual sim standby option is available on the two models or not??

Thanks in advance...!!

vaibhav99

Broken In
@Rockstar & Just Asim
checkout over weekend
E2152 - does not support active dual standby
C3212 - hangs 2-3 times in a day ..
C5212 ( samsung Fizz i think) has most of the option but a bit costly over 4K
So again ... will wait for some better option ....

Cant these big companies provide some basic dual sim phone
to make/receive a phone call, sms, good battery backup, active dual standby
hopefully some companies listening ...

Vaibhav

Rockstar11

Technomancer
@Rockstar & Just Asim
checkout over weekend

Vaibhav

E2152 - does not support active dual standby ? :shock::shock::shock:

:( :(

OP
J

just_asim

100% GENUINE
@Rockstar & Just Asim
checkout over weekend

Vaibhav

Thanks....I got saved ......was thinking of ordering Samsung E2152 online...
Samsung's Ofiical Mobile site says that E2152 is a active dual sim standby mobile....don't know why the company is misleading people.....

OP
J

just_asim

100% GENUINE
so which mobile you are goin to buy?

for now I have decided to go for mobile from either Videocon or Spice so that I don't fell sad in throwing them if they are unable to serve me after six months or 1 year...have already ordered 1 from HomeShop18...

Rockstar11

Technomancer
* TRUTH

> In reply to Egyptian on Da Wave @ 2011-01-17 04:46 from Nt7s - click to readThe point is call on second sim if gets diverted to first sim
1) what is the indication in first sim
for the user to identify there is a call on second sim

2)whether the caller on the second sim can be identified

Please clarify

* Egyptian on Da Wave

> In reply to TRUTH @ 2011-01-17 18:46 from utN5 - click to readif you set the diverts when off from one sim to the other, therefore:

if you are having a voice call on sim 1

and someone calls you on sim 2 ---> phone sends to network it is off, then the network diverts this call to sim 1

so while you are having a call on sim 1, you will get a call waiting from sim 2 (the diverted call)

you would not know who is calling on sim 2 (the call waiting will show your sim 2 number), but you hence knew there is a call on sim 2

ofcourse you can choose to answer the divert (then you do not miss that call, but you pay for the divert cost).

you also asked:

can the caller on the second sim be identified?

well, yes! you can press on the green button and you will here him talking! (just kidding)

with this method you can not know who is calling when you get a call waiting (mentioned that earlier), however, if your network supports that, you can get an sms notification on sim 2 of who has been trying to call you when finish the call on sim 1 (this could be a paid service, however some provide it for free) (one of my two sims in the phone provide this for free, but if it was this sim that is on, then i would not know)

hope it is clear for all now :)

Samsung E2152 - User opinions and reviews

Last edited:

vaibhav99

Broken In
@Rockstar
Yes exactly same i found out ...

since sim 2 is diverting a call to sim 1 or any other no ..
we will have to pay for incoming call on sim 2 ...
and u lost actual functionality Active dual standby ..
even most of user review on gsmarena have same issue

about u r getting informed about missed call thru sms whats the point (IMO)
say if i u r on phn for 1hr with client and
sim 2 i get some urgent call from home (hopefully should never happen) which i am going to miss .. whats the use of getting sms after 1 hr ..

i heard its there in Samsung C5212 (Fizz) but i feel its expensive (5K+)
so till the prices falls down ok to use the 3 phones (N79,6610i,3310)
so still waiting for active dual standby basic phone .. min requirement

anyway let me also know if u find any good phone

@Just_asim
lets us know ur handson review on ur new mobile

Thankx

Vaibhav

Last edited:
Top Bottom