Dual SIM android that donot hang

bubusam13

Human
Guys I am frustrated with mt Xperia:evil:. It's hanging a lot. I can't even receive a call when I see it ringing because the slider stops responding for a few secs.
Suggest me a Dual SIM android. It should look good. I don't want something too high on specs where I have to compromise on looks. If I need high specs only, I can do that myself. I also want good looks. Budget is 20 k. Should have a good camera. Good low light shot. And if possible, with a physical keyboard. I really hate typing on touch screens.

Must Points in brief:
1. Should not hang. Dual SIM
2. Good looks as I am gonna carry it the whole day.
3. Good camera.

Aside, at what price could I sell my used LWW. 1 year old.:|:-?

Sony Xperia M Dual is great phone, from a reputed manufacturer. Moto G dual is headed for India & would launch in India in Jan'14 (thanks Sundar Pichai), wait for it if you can.........Motorola Moto G - Full phone specifications
Other options are:
Micromax Canvas Turbo A250 vs Lenovo P780 vs Sony Xperia M Dual vs Sony Xperia C: Compare Mobiles: Flipkart.com

BTW, I recently rooted, unlocked bootloader & installed custom ROM in my friend's LWW(Beanstalk). Its much smoother than the stock ROM. Why don't you try another ROM for your phone for the time being & get Moto G next year ??

OP
bubusam13

bubusam13

Human
How about HTC phones ? They got great looks too. and Lenovo P780 got 4000mah battery. 2 days of talktime with excessive usage. Though I donno about after sales. You know Xperia M got lots of issues. Two of my friends are both suffering. I also talked with a Sony SC guy and he said lots of complain about Xperia M. Though its great on specs and price.

No Micromax. Yes I have installed custom ROM but moved back to original as the SQ in custom ROM are not good.

OP
bubusam13

bubusam13

Human
My Colleague got Xperia C and its a great device with MTK quad core inside. It doesnot feel he would need a custom ROM to improve performance in near future. But he bought it.I don't want the same device.

+1 for Moto G dual great phone it is :))

Yes I can wait for Moto G. But the question is will it be so cheap with India imposing heavy custom duty and taxes on imported products. It would be about 20- 25 K

OP
bubusam13

bubusam13

Human
Usb OTG is enabled by default. what more do you need?

So it means i need to carry otg cable and pendrive all the way. SO when I want to watch some video not in the phone, I need to connect the pendrive, right. How long you think battery will last via USB OTG ?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
So it means i need to carry otg cable and pendrive all the way. SO when I want to watch some video not in the phone, I need to connect the pendrive, right. How long you think battery will last via USB OTG ?

Ok, lets assume that Moto G has a micro-sd card slot. so, if that other video was in someone else's phone, then would you take his memory card out, insert it in your phone and then watch it or transfer it using bluetooth and then watch? :deadbored:

the 16 GB version has about 12-13 GB free space, which should be more than enough.

Mr.Kickass

In the zone
Ok, lets assume that Moto G has a micro-sd card slot. so, if that other video was in someone else's phone, then would you take his memory card out, insert it in your phone and then watch it or transfer it using bluetooth and then watch? :deadbored:

the 16 GB version has about 12-13 GB free space, which should be more than enough.

I don't think the OP's purpose was to watch a movie in somebody's else's phone. In which case OTG is counterproductive.

Passive data like movies, songs, images and documents can always be stored anywhere. Now be it OTG or SD card. That is never a problem as it is not accessed continuously unlike the app data which is always in use. Not many apps hog as much space as to fill up a 16GB card but games are an exception. Any decent game will take up at least 2GB+.

I just assume Moto G users aren't looking to game. Give up, its not possible. That aside, the phone seems like a steal (if priced right)

OP
bubusam13

bubusam13

Human
Eben Sygic, my offline GPS app will eat up about 2 GB. I know MotoG is a great phone but i need with expandable memory as I always run short of storage, be it mobile or PC.

Sorry i didnt see the budget. Mine cost 6k.

No need to be sorry. Thanks for suggesting.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Eben Sygic, my offline GPS app will eat up about 2 GB. I know MotoG is a great phone but i need with expandable memory as I always run short of storage, be it mobile or PC.

No need to be sorry. Thanks for suggesting.

From where in Guwahati will you be purchasing??? Cause am on the lookout for a new mobile too and would like to know some local prices and compare them with Flipkart... :-D

rish1

Cyborg Agent
I just assume Moto G users aren't looking to game. Give up, its not possible. That aside, the phone seems like a steal (if priced right)

why not ? 5 big games can easily be installed at a time along with 3-4 gb of music.. that's more than enough even for pro gamers

Moto G then. But are the posters absolutely sure moto g is coming to india?

yes it is official the dual sim version is especially made for india.. price will not go beyond 18k for the dual sim variant..

i would recommend you xperia m dual .. the cpu is way more powerful than moto g and it has awesome looks so no possiblity of hangs or slowdown for next 2 years con would be small screen if you are ok with that plus it is cheapest

regarding camera - you wan't good low light photography ? answer - impossible product does not exist. period

all cameras in phones less than 20k are crap don't get your hopes high.. only nokia lumia 720 excels in this department.. g

i am not considering any samsung for you since design is a priority for you .. so that rules out samsung , i find their all phones ugly . xperia c is a good option if you want big screen .. but keep in mind it won't get android 4.4 either officialy or unofficialy and chances of occasional lags when using heavy multitasking

also note i am suggesting you in only branded phones

well there is a perfect phone for your needs

the phone is HTC Desire 601 ..

Very Premium Looks the white version ( similar to HTC one ) + very good performance + decent camera + awesome screen + memory expandable but it will exceed your budget then by 3-4k

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujMzfu128so

*www.gsmarena.com/htc_desire_601-5667.php

I would recommend you to go for htc desire 601 as it will be perfect match even though it costs a bit more premium and is overpriced..

Last edited:

Mr.Kickass

In the zone
^yep, absolutely

:orly:

Then the Owl didn't go beyond Angry Birds

I'm at a loss for producing the evidence as I lost my phone a couple of years back(and won't buy another droid at the moment) but it housed around 20 games out of which 80% of space was hogged by 2-3 games alone maxing out at 1.5GB~1.8GB. The only one that went beyond the 1.8GB mark was The Dark Knight Rises dwarfing all others at around 4GB

Remember, this is game cache. Not package size. This(cache) can vary as per device but cannot vary like from 2GB to Zero GB

A more precise description should've been around 1GB maxing out, on an average, around 1.5GB. Though someone more active these days can better quote these numbers

Top Bottom