DSLR under 50k

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I want to start with a new hobby apart from the usual tech addiction. I am looking for a good DSLR probably during the festive season of Diwali.

Share your opinion. Thanks.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I would recommend 2 combinations:-D

1. Canon 550D+18-55mm(kit lens)+50mm 1.8 =50k

2. Nikon D3100+18-55(kit lens)+nikkor 55-250mm zoom lens+50mm 1.8 = 50k

Acually Canon 550D is bit costly so u have to adjust with lenses

In Nikon option u can replace nikkor 55-250mm+50mm with a Nikkor 70-300mm which cost around 25k:mrgreen:

Krow

Crowman
Disclaimer: I don't know much about DSLRs.

That said, Nikon D90 comes for about the 50k. Ask toofan or Stuge. Both are using it.

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Now I am not in for a raffle, am I ?

Someone cast another vote, please.

sujoyp

Grand Master
how about going to a nearby shop and getting a feel of the cams:smile:..
D3100 is very small and light
D90 has a pro feeling

Krow

Crowman
Faun, please PM toofan and Stuge. From what I can see in their pictures, D90 is a great camera. They may not have seen this thread.

Krow

Crowman
^Hehe. Digital Single Lens Reflex Camera.

Cameras for the pros. Advanced stuff for advanced photographers.

Stuge

Youngling
Nikon d3100 doesn't cut for me as it doesn't have AEB or auto bracketing .you will need this feature depending upon on your learning .

what is AEB

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autobracketing

secondly ,what is important to you ? video or still or both ?

for that Canon 550D is the best in that range .

Nikon D90 is good for still photography ,but video is ok .

sujoyp

Grand Master
Stuge u may be right...but the price difference between D3100 and 550D or D90 is nearly 15-20k...and thats huge sum for someone who dont know what to do with auto-bracketing(noob or newbie) :lol:

icebags

Technomancer
now that stuge has given the link, everybody will know abt auto bracketing. its an advanced feature and manual bracketing actually has more learning aspects for a new comer. :D

Stuge

Youngling
now that stuge has given the link, everybody will know abt auto bracketing. its an advanced feature and manual bracketing actually has more learning aspects for a new comer. :D

hmm I don't agree with that statement .AEB is not an advanced feature .

vampiredevil

Hell is Ma PlayGround
@Sid- I have a D5000 along with couple of lenses. In my words, it's great.
@Faun-You have to 1st decide on brand- Nikon/Canon/Sony/Olympus. Go to a mall and check which one fits ur hand perfectly because at the end of the day you have to carry it around. Nikon won the vote here for me in this case.
About the cameras on Canon, u can check on ebay.in. I checked it today morning and found few of the prices.
Canon 1000D - 21.3
450D- 32.8
500D @ 41.6.
You can pick one if you like depending on your choice and budget. Remember, Camera body may be temporary but lenses are more permanent. Even a simple 1000D gives amazing shots with a great lens.
Go through these websites as they have lot of info on DSLRs.
1. Digital Camera, DSLR and Lens Reviews | Cameralabs
2. Digital Cameras: Digital Photography Review, News, Reviews, Forums, FAQ
These have Camera reviews, Lens reviews and even a section to help you select whether you really require a DSLR or not.

Hope this helps....

Cheers.

toofan

Technomancer
Faun: You are starting the hobby.

If you think you can spend 50000.00
1. go for 550D its best for the buck. And a middle range camera with general features. If video is also concern this is good in that also.
2. go for D90 if you think you will go far enough in photography. Its kit lens is very good. mind this cam is 3 year old but still a very very excellent piece.
3. go for D3100 for its brilliant features in very low price. Its available for around 28k with kit lens and very good image quality. And This is all what you might need as you are just starting it as a new hobby. Why spend so much for the features which you don't even need. Video is also somewhat good.

And about auto bracketing. This depends upon what you shoot. But still very very less used feature and can be done better manually, in my opinion.

Hope this helps you.

gdatuk

Ambassador of Buzz
I got a Nikon D3100 with 32GB card, UV Filter, bag, and tripod for 32k. Its an awesome choice for starter like me. Learning curve is smoother

Top Bottom