sujoyp

Grand Master
congrats dheeraj ...I have also checked the same seller on ebay for you and avoided him :) you got a good deal..enjoy

OP
D

dheerajpant

Journeyman
Thanks Sujoy,

@nac hehehe it was fast from my side, but not from snapdeal(or the sellers) side. The expected shipment date is Sep 2 and the order is in progress, can't wait to get my hands on it :) ... This is the benefit of flipkart(though now they are selling goods as higher price) I would have got my SLR today or by tomorrow ...

Lets see...
will keep you all posted.

OP
D

dheerajpant

Journeyman
Update :

It has been 4 days sine I placed the order and the status was still showing 'In Progress'(intuitions were saying something was not right), so I rang snapdeal's customer care and when I inquired about the status being same since the last 4 days he said that the camera has gone out of stock :( , and they are arranging from some other merchant(though I don't believe any other merchant). Lets see what happens the expected delivery date is 2nd and if they are not able to ship it than the amount would be refunded, than again the 'khoj'(search) for the best deal would start...

sujoyp

Grand Master
its ok bro ...still there are 2 days...this things happen quit frequently these days with online shopping...dont worry

OP
D

dheerajpant

Journeyman
its ok bro ...still there are 2 days...this things happen quit frequently these days with online shopping...dont worry

I am generally a flipkart person(so you can understand the rush), and I don't know why I am so super exited to get my hands on it(though I don't know much about the working of DSLR's, have started reading one ebook though)

:(

Is 600D soon to be discontinued?

Start your search from here if have to...

Don't know but what I am observing is that suddenly the demand for Nikon 5100 and Canon 600D has shot up(or maybe the supply has decreased...)

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
I am generally a flipkart person(so you can understand the rush), and I don't know why I am so super exited to get my hands on it(though I don't know much about the working of DSLR's, have started reading one ebook though)

Don't know but what I am observing is that suddenly the demand for Nikon 5100 and Canon 600D has shot up(or maybe the supply has decreased...)

Try this ;) :

CameraSim simulates a digital SLR camera - SLR Photography Demystified

PS: Notice that scale right in the middle in green - thats all you really care about (mostly ;) ). Once you get into manual mode using the viewfinder, you'll know what I am talking about.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@nac and dheeraj ...its normal isnt it ....old dslr phased out 3-4 months after its replacement is announced coz there productions stops and its just stock clearance.

Canon had 650D and now 700D to replace 600D and nikon have D5200 to replace D5100 ...D5100 is selling for just 27-28k..its awesome deal ....even nikon D7000 is clearing up and selling for just 42-43k thats equal to price of D90 somedays back.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ But the beauty is Canon discontinued 650D... Already, 1100D seems like a stock clearance sale. And if 600D is discontinued, then the next cheapest will be 60D, a semi pro body.

sujoyp

Grand Master
no nac I am sure its like that only
100D will replace 1100D at 30k
700D will cost around 38k replacing 650D
70D will be 50k body replacing 60D

.and slowly price will come down again ...its same everytime
Even in nikon
D3100 is 24k , D5100 is 27k both are clearing up ....
D3200 is 32k , D5200 is 38k now
D7000 42k body (clearing) then D7100 68k

nikon is going to announce 2-3 more dslr this year...people say it will be D5300 and D610

raja manuel

In the zone
no nac I am sure its like that only
100D will replace 1100D at 30k
Why do you say this? I can understand the 700D replacing 650D as it is only a slight refresh of the existing package, but the 100D and 1100D are worlds apart. Strategically the 1100D exists to get people into the Canon system at a very low price point with the low spec body (though it does have neat features like depth of field preview) being almost free. If the 100D is replacing the 1100D then it is a very big step up features wise, not to mention the world's smallest DSLR tag which commands a price premium making it strategically occupy a very different niche from the 1100D. Even the naming convention (3 digit vs. 4) suggests Canon is positioning it a step above the 100D.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@raja ...I really have very less idea about 100D ...I just felt maybe its for starters who can have a small dslr with all the functionality ...just like D3100 is nikon's smallest dslr
I am sure by making it that small canon is trying to give compitition to panasonic G series and recently launched sony Nex mount in DSLT body

Last edited:
OP
D

dheerajpant

Journeyman
Final Update :
Today got my 600D :) .

Had to Cancel the snapdeal order as the it was out of stock and they were asking me to wait for some more days.
Instead ordered it from Flipkart.

600D + Sony SDHC UHS-I 16GD card + one Lens Pen for 28265/-(beat that :D ;) ).

View attachment 12040

Thank you all for all you suggestions.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
That's a nice deal you got from flipkart...

Congrats and happy clicking...

OP
D

dheerajpant

Journeyman
Thank you guys, since I got the camera didn't got much time to tinkr with it just some shots here and there(this is a problem with cities you are surrounded by buildings so not much to capture :( ) but tomorrow would be entirely dedicated​
to my 600D :D.

sujoyp

Grand Master
he he he dont give us those old bahanas :D .....every city have something historical, some lake some garden..if u find nothing then u can do numerous things inside house...table top photography...splash photography, smoke photography, etc

soo enjoy whatever u like...have fun :)

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
just read through this thread .... hell I even got quoted :)) .... congratulations dheeraj, looking forward to seeing your snaps (you do know about the photography and photo projects threads?)

Top Bottom