drives not opening..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajooba215

Journeyman
Hey fellas..seems like ma pc will never work perfect..this time its the drives..except the 'c' drive..which contains system files...no other drive is opening..one of them gives a 'don't send' error and others flash a ms-dos window for a mili second..what can be the prob?...mentioning..i've recently established a lan connection recently and ve installed a lan card too and got this error after that..

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Wow!!!
U sure do got infected by some virus

Scan ur PC.................and to open those drives right click and select Open, got to Folder options and mark view hidden files and mark view system files too.

When double clicking upon drives opening a MS-Dos windows means, theres sure an autorun file which is causing the problem.

If my diagnosis is verified by u, I'll tell u wat to do next.

u can refer this thread

Last edited:
OP
ajooba215

ajooba215

Journeyman
dude....i m able to open the drives by clicking open after right clicking on the drive...and as u told...i marked view hidden and system files...and i m afraid..it didn`t make any diff....and as far as virus or spyware is concerned ..i`ve tried my best by updating the suite and scanning the whole system...i think i`ll have format those drives...is there any way of getting out of it???,...

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
You are 1000% infected with virus
Download latest Avast antivirus & put ur PC for a boot time scan (as you see the dos window means something is still executing )

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
First, scan your computer with NOD32 or Kaspersky Anti Virus. Disinfect any files they find. Reboot, and then reboot again. Try to open the drive again. If that doesn't work, maybe the autorun file is corrupted.

Beta Waves

Journeyman
For the hidden files problem. Look at the 22nd question here

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61413

OP
ajooba215

ajooba215

Journeyman
:confused::confused:it ain`t working...tried everything...the only way to open drives now is to navigate through the address bar..and thas s*cking...i know...i can format thesed drives but i want the right way to fix it....

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
start->run "cmd"

go to each drive, type "del autorun.inf"

Repeat in all drives.

Run NOD32 and Spybot Search n Destroy to clean your comp.

mrintech

Technomancer
This problem gets arises when you insert Pen Drive on your PC. This was the case with me some days back but it automatically gone :D

BTW also scan your pc with the software combination from here: *tech-baby.co.cc/2008/09/13/best-combination-of-security-freewares-for-home-users/

Especially a-squared and spyware terminator

Hope it helps

cheers!! :D

OP
ajooba215

ajooba215

Journeyman
hey dheeraj..ur suggestion worked...thanx a lot...at least i can fix this whenever it troubles me....thanx again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom