drive letter..

Status
Not open for further replies.

magneticme200

In the zone
guys i have a prob..

i have five drives c,d,e,f,g
with 2 hard disks c and d in one and e,f and g in the othr one...
now day b4 yest i connected another hard disk for few minutes, tht hard disk had two of its own partitions...so..wen i connctd tht hard disk, it took my e and f drive letters for its own and my original e nad f were shifted down to l and m...
now wen i have disconnctd the third hard drive my drive letters have not retained thre original letters in fact thy are l and m only now...bt tht makes a lot of apps not to run coz of the path chnge..
wen i go to dsk management they do not show e and f as drive letter change options evn as they r free now..!!
how do i get my origianl drive letters/?

thnks in advance

manan

V

vaibhavtek

strange prob. it never happen for me.
donot know what to do wait for some other members

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Do U get any of these error:

The volume volume_label drive_letter is currently in use.
If you continue, the new drive letter will be assigned; but you can still use the old drive letter to access the volume until you restart your computer. The old drive letter will not be available for assignment until you restart.

Warning: Changing the drive letter of a volume could cause programs to no longer run.

The volume volume_label drive_letter is currently in use.
If you continue, the drive letter will be freed; however, it will still be available for use until you restart your computer.

Warning: Changing the drive letter of a volume could cause programs to no longer run.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
You haven't mentioned what OS you are using but I'll assume its windows XP. Go to control panel and open Administrative Tools->Computer management, and in that disk management system.
Right click on the partitions to change drive letter. Start by naming the last drive Z to free up the letters and slowly change drive by drive. Its a little like Rubiks cube but you'll get it
*farm3.static.flickr.com/2028/2123380002_ec73f8668a_o.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom