Dragon Age: Origins

gameranand

Living to Play
I want to buy this game and play it for the first time.. Never played any Bioware rpg except ME2(which wasn't much of a real RPG though). Is the game good? I mean is it really at par with the recent Witcher 2(since I will start comparing every RPG in the years to come with W2. :hammer:
I am tempted to play the game since I am somewhat new into RPGs. Diablo2, W2, ME2 are all that I have tried in the RPG line of gaming. :boink:

Well you see to be honest both these games can't be compared. Both are quite different games but one thing is for sure that this game is the best in its category and nothing can come close to it. No game have reached the benchmark dragon age has made. Just get the ultimate version from flipkart its quite cheap also.

Soumik99

Journeyman
Well you see to be honest both these games can't be compared. Both are quite different games but one thing is for sure that this game is the best in its category and nothing can come close to it. No game have reached the benchmark dragon age has made. Just get the ultimate version from flipkart its quite cheap also.

OKAY!!! Thanks for notifying me... wow.

Soumik99

Journeyman
FINALLY RECEIVED THE GAME!! And yes the ultimate edition one :)):)):)):))
The game is very hardcore, never played anything like it(as if I've played lots of games like this :ashamed: )
I need help though cuz I'm stuck.. can't defeat the pack with the hurlock alpha.:???:
My character is in the Human Noble storyline and a rogue class.
No matter what i do, i get defeated by that mini-boss. :banghead:
(waiting for morrigan :wah: )

gameranand

Living to Play
FINALLY RECEIVED THE GAME!! And yes the ultimate edition one :)):)):)):))
The game is very hardcore, never played anything like it(as if I've played lots of games like this :ashamed: )
I need help though cuz I'm stuck.. can't defeat the pack with the hurlock alpha.:???:
My character is in the Human Noble storyline and a rogue class.
No matter what i do, i get defeated by that mini-boss. :banghead:
(waiting for morrigan :wah: )

1. Switch to lower difficulty because that mini boss is nothing compared to upcoming bosses and mini bosses.
2. Concentrate your fire on the main boss if he is giving too much trouble.

Soumik99

Journeyman
I DID IT!! A fire BOMB made the difference... took out two guys from a distance with the archers... (my god this is addictive!)

Alok

Adventurer
@soumik - when i started it first i also have to work hard to defeat that alpha.......i adapted rush and hit with archer and mage.:-D:-D

but after getting familiar i killed many of them simultaneously.;-)

wishing you good luck with upcoming Ogre Alpha

Last edited:

Neuron

Electronic.
wishing you good luck with upcoming Ogre Alpha

You spoiled it.

I made a huge mistake early on in the game by not realizing that i can use elfroots to make healing potions.Most of the fights were so tough until i understood this.

Soumik99

Journeyman
no.. he did not spoil it for me(i mean i didn't read it till now).. i defeated that ogre..(in 2 attempts though).. Morrigan's so hot!!! :)) .. currently at lothering(killed the robbers asking for toll).

gameranand

Living to Play
I guess you have missed two backpacks from ostagar right ?? If you can play ostagar again from saves or just go on boy. :D:p

Soumik99

Journeyman
Backpack? I didn't notice any backpack(actually i read previous posts in the thread mentioning it but by then i had completed ostagar), so,what does it do?

Soumik99

Journeyman
oh i see... guess i'll have to continue anyways..... released a qunari kind of guy from cage, the following bandits are hard to defeat with the mabaris and all.... i want to know what happens when the notifications like> Alistair approves and Morrigan dissaproves etc occurs?

Alok

Adventurer
See game has a approval system that enables you to increase affection with your fellow . You may also do romance which lead to $€x .

Also approval affects corresponding abilities of fellow.

AND you get enough approval of someone you'll unlock his/her personal quest.

All depends on your conversations and gifts. So be aware while conversation. Its important , i say very important to guide storyline.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
The troll was definitely fun. Personally Id rate that troll the hardest boss in the game because most folks aren't prepared for a head on fight. Or you could follow what most do and make the troll angry and run him in circles while the rest of your team makes short work of him :D .

If you really want to have fun in this game play solo :).

oh i see... guess i'll have to continue anyways..... released a qunari kind of guy from cage, the following bandits are hard to defeat with the mabaris and all.... i want to know what happens when the notifications like> Alistair approves and Morrigan dissaproves etc occurs?
Based on your choices you make the story tends to change alot. However there are some choices that will alienate some members and instantly cause you to lose them lol so you might want to take care of what you choose. Always save those gifts you get from chests and hunting and use them on the right folks. Once you get the appropriate level of approval it opens up their personal quests which again leads to more fun.

There are also certain skills that are way too overpowered if you ask me. Although I might have forgotten the names of some.
1. Mana clash -> Instant kill pretty much any caster you use it on
2. Force Field -> You could disable a foe for that long or protect an ally for that long while your back-line casts storm of the century on everything while they are on top of the protected player lol.
3. One of the Bloodline spells I forget its name though :(
4. The combination of two glyphs used correctly etc.

If you go the Rogue way you can do some sick damage too without even getting into the fray. Not to mention the various traps you lay. But usually I prefer taking all the mages I get. If you would like a challenge and love to play solo try Arcane warrior or Rogue :) .

Backpack? I didn't notice any backpack(actually i read previous posts in the thread mentioning it but by then i had completed ostagar), so,what does it do?
Once you reach base camp you'll be able to purchase them off of two dwarves who reside at your camp I think they are also on other vendors too so you might want to check every vendor you come across. Further you do want to collect everything and sell what you dont lose so you can save up for some voerpowered gear which is on select merchants.

Last edited:
Top Bottom