Dragon Age II

gameranand

Living to Play
Damn this game looks good specially with DX11 and all settings turned on and this game is kinda lot easier than DAO. Can't believe I killed and ogre without any strategy whatsoever and in DAO I killed first ogre in 4 attempts but still its my first impression as I just played it for about 10 or 15 min opinion might change.

varunb

Working in an IT company
Recently I found out that if you get banned in EA forums, You'll loose all the EA store games, achievements linked to that account. Bad EA.

Where did you read that ? The guy who pissed a moderator only got banned for 72 hours. He didn't lose any of his game, achievements. Just that he couldn't log into his game.

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Where did you read that ? The guy who pissed a moderator only got banned for 72 hours. He didn't lose any of his game, achievements. Just that he couldn't log into his game.

Oh yeah, I read about that. During a chat session with the developers, he asked them if "They had sold their souls to the EA devil" . He made this comment because it was revealed that EA sneaked in securom-DRM protection into Dragon Age 2 without telling anyone! Ironically , Bioware kept denying that DA2 ever used Securom but they're red-faced now.

Anyway, from what I read..he's not allowed to activate his newly purchased copy of DA2 (signature edition) as a result :O . Want to know the reason? It's pretty stupid , refer to the link below :

Here's the thread , please refer to the last post :

Choose Language | BioWare Social Network

This is totally BS, not being allowed to play a game that you paid for? :x

gameranand

Living to Play
Now thats really ridiculous. That guy losed all his Games and DLCs for a comment???? Damn atleast they should let them play his game which he bought with money. They are encouraging piracy themselves because if they don't activate his account then he'll just download all DLCs and crack and play.

Tathaga

Best Mind****er
i gettin ~20 fps on dragon age 2 (everything max dx11) with my current config
is it ok or my cpu bottlenecking the gpu ?

varunb

Working in an IT company
Huh ? How can say that getting 20fps is good. Even I play on high settings in DX11 & my frame rates never dipped to 20-30Hz.

@tathaga: you need to make sure that your windows is running fine with updated drivers, no extra app running in the background. We cant say anything more without complete information from your side.

Now thats really ridiculous. That guy losed all his Games and DLCs for a comment???? Damn atleast they should let them play his game which he bought with money. They are encouraging piracy themselves because if they don't activate his account then he'll just download all DLCs and crack and play.

Oh yeah, I read about that. During a chat session with the developers, he asked them if "They had sold their souls to the EA devil" . He made this comment because it was revealed that EA sneaked in securom-DRM protection into Dragon Age 2 without telling anyone! Ironically , Bioware kept denying that DA2 ever used Securom but they're red-faced now.

Anyway, from what I read..he's not allowed to activate his newly purchased copy of DA2 (signature edition) as a result :O . Want to know the reason? It's pretty stupid , refer to the link below :

Here's the thread , please refer to the last post :

Choose Language | BioWare Social Network

This is totally BS, not being allowed to play a game that you paid for?

This is what Chris priestly from Bioware had to say:

Dragon Age II does not use SecuROM DRM. Any statements made to the contrary are false. The confusion stems from the use of Release Control which is also made by Sony. Release Control was employed to protect the game against usage prior to its release date. These are two different technologies with different purposes. Release Control in no way affects users’ rights to access after launch, and its executable automatically deletes itself once the Release Control process is finished.

Both SecuROM DRM and Release Control products are made by the same company, and as such they share a small number of common utility library files. This is common to any software development – for example, developers often use Microsoft common libraries for Windows-based software or re-use internally created libraries with a discreet purpose across multiple products (e.g. connect to a server), rather than duplicating or re-writing the same code for each product.

Although Release Control has an auto-removal process, these inert library files are left in a windows temp directory. This is also common practice with software. But these files are indeed inert and you can easily, manually remove them by doing a simply temp folder cleanup. There are no SecuROM DRM product files installed.

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Definitely not the case of CPU bottlenecking the GPU. More like some driver related issue or Dragon Age II needing a patch to fix the things.

Vamsi has a 5% slower CPU than yours paired with a HD 4890 and he's getting good frame rates, I think.

gameranand

Living to Play
varunb said:
Huh ? How can say that getting 20fps is good. Even I play on high settings in DX11 & my frame rates never dipped to 20-30Hz.
Bro I was telling him that his CPU is not bottlenecking his GPU I didn't commented on the performance and anything else I just told him that his hardware are fine.

ico said:
Definitely not the case of CPU bottlenecking the GPU. More like some driver related issue or Dragon Age II needing a patch to fix the things.

Vamsi has a 5% slower CPU than yours paired with a HD 4890 and he's getting good frame rates, I think.
Yes he is getting better performance but not at DX11 and very high settings.

OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot

Many users are reporting performance drops while on DX11. Try switching to DX10 ( select 'high' preset instead of 'veryhigh') and see if there is any performance boost. There is still a incoming patch, which is supposed to fix this problem. Wait until then, or continue with 'high' preset. I'm currently running at DX10, 1920x1080, 'high' preset and a extremely taxing "high resolution textures pack" and am still able to get ~35+ fps constantly.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just for the note, HD 4890 = GTX 460 in performance.

And, Athlon II X4 630/5 = Q8200/8300.

gameranand

Living to Play
vamsi_krishna said:
Many users are reporting performance drops while on DX11. Try switching to DX10 ( select 'high' preset instead of 'veryhigh') and see if there is any performance boost. There is still a incoming patch, which is supposed to fix this problem. Wait until then, or continue with 'high' preset. I'm currently running at DX10, 1920x1080, 'high' preset and a extremely taxing "high resolution textures pack" and am still able to get ~35+ fps constantly.
Does this game supports DX10???? In graphics option only DX9 and DX11 are shown but no DX10. Well this game does take a lot of resources with high resolution texture pack because I also use it and without it there is a major performance gain atleast in ma PC.

gameranand

Living to Play
cyborg47 said:
started origins
Man I must say that you are damn slow.....Now you are going to play origins???? I saw the conversation between you Vamsi about 1 month ago and now you are going to start eh....
Well good luck with that this game will keep you occupied for about 60 to 70 hours if you complete the side quests also.

Tathaga

Best Mind****er
in HIGH and AA 8x , AF 16x , i get 30-35fps
in VERY HIGH and AA 0x , AF 0x , i get ~25fps

and i have "267.24" driver . its beta btw

cyborg47

Technomancer
Man I must say that you are damn slow.....Now you are going to play origins???? I saw the conversation between you Vamsi about 1 month ago and now you are going to start eh....
Well good luck with that this game will keep you occupied for about 60 to 70 hours if you complete the side quests also.

I was busy with crysis 2 mp demo and mass effect back then ;)

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

Is it ok if I post a few screens from origins?..or do i have to create a new thread?

Top Bottom