Downloading Stock Related Data from Yahoo Finance Servers for Free - How to ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arnold

Broken In
Hello friends,

Do anyone of you here know a reliable way to download the stock quotes and and also the Historical data of various Scripts from the free Yahoo Finance servers , for free ?

There are some softwares around which does it for you but those are not available for free.

So,anyone here who might be using a Freeware to download Stock Quotes/Data's from the Yahoo Finance Server ? Or any way to download the datas in .csv format ot ASCII format to feed them to other wares ?

Please come up with your ideas if anyone is already doing it ...

shreyadr

Journeyman
arnold said:
Hello friends,

Do anyone of you here know a reliable way to download the stock quotes and and also the Historical data of various Scripts from the free Yahoo Finance servers , for free ?

There are some softwares around which does it for you but those are not available for free.

So,anyone here who might be using a Freeware to download Stock Quotes/Data's from the Yahoo Finance Server ? Or any way to download the datas in .csv format ot ASCII format to feed them to other wares ?

Please come up with your ideas if anyone is already doing it ...

go to google and search for Medved Quote Tracker, it will give up real time quotes free from NSE
another option is join yahoo group bse-nse 2005 (search for the name plz.) , u will get free eod data for nse, bse and futures right in ur mail box.

OP
A

arnold

Broken In
Thanks troubleshooter for that nice site.

And shreyadr, I installed the adware version of Medved Quote tracker, but is having problems while configuring it with the Indian Market, but it acts just fine for the US markets.
If you use it yourself,can you please help how to download the Historical data for the Indian market [BSE/NSE] as i don't find them in it's list of Servers or so..
But anyway, thanks for the ware..

arnold said:
Thanks troubleshooter for that nice site.

And shreyadr, I installed the adware version of Medved Quote tracker, but is having problems while configuring it with the Indian Market, but it acts just fine for the US markets.
If you use it yourself,can you please help how to download the Historical data for the Indian market [BSE/NSE] as i don't find them in it's list of Servers or so..
But anyway, thanks for the ware..

You Are Welcome

want any help then contact me on my email agarwal.a.s@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom