downloading songs

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
Sheesh...you give people some leeway...

Please read the rules before posting - no illegal links!

Next person to post a warez/illegal mp3 link gets a permanent ban - n00b or not.

Raiden Bee

Broken In
tech_your_future said:
Well if I use P2P only for downloading linux and sharing free music, yes it's available though it's not commercial music, then how can P2P be ilegal?
I am not promoting piracy but actually in India piracy does help. I will give my own example. I came across songs of artists like Bryan Adams and MLTR through P2P channels and became their fan. Else I would have never known of them. I am ready to buy their cd's now as I do like their songs a lot. I even attended both their concerts in Mumbai. So, in this case piracy rather helped the artists in long term rather than hinder.
There are some people too who download music or movies via P2P just to see how good or bad it is. They need not waste their money on sub-standard ones. Then they buy or watch in theatres whichever ones they like.
It does not necessarily hold true for all and sundry but it is true in some cases. Well it differs from situation to situation.

You certainly have a point there. Groups like the Arctic Monkeys began distribution through P2P. Now they are millionares.

But remember....not everyone is a good soul like you. And in Law...feelings seldom count, the act does.

But good point though

Raiden Bee

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
But for us the question is does the Indian IT Act, count it as illegal? That's what concerns us. Do they have a clause specifying that trading of such files over the internet is illegal? I haven't read IT Act well so I don't have much idea of that. Someone who has done so can light here? That would be nice to know.
SO as of now I can say it's immoral but illegality is a question mark for me as of yet.

OP
S

salils

Journeyman
the way u people treated this post & marking it as illegal.
there is no act I think which orders it as illegal, this thing is immoral as TECH UR FUTURE said but not illegal otherwise I will not discuss it in Digit Forum if any body can show that this is illegal thing in IT laws then I'm sorry for this

easwaran

Right off the assembly line
hi
u can record what ever songs that is played
any website
ist
down load
this free software
which is called
jetaudio.
install it in ur pc
and then play the song
record it
any number songs
u will have no problem in recording
legally u r right
none can do anything
relax
cheers
love
easwaran
bangalore
india

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Well it may not be illegal as per IT act but it sure is illegal as per the rules of this forum.

ashfame

Padawan
easwaran said:
hi
any website
ist
down load
this free software
which is called
jetaudio.
install it in ur pc
and then play the song
record it
any number songs
u will have no problem in recording
legally u r right
none can do anything
relax
cheers
love
easwaran
bangalore
india

Is your keyboard faulty or u have pressed the return key randomly.

ashfame

Padawan
CT Squad said:
The best is cooltoad.com need to sign up but for free!!
WARNING!!
Don't ever download stuff from "cooltoad.com", it contains spyware, & those with norton antivirus 2006 knows it.
I had myself caught it when i used the trial period of nav2006.

Saharika

In the zone
about raaga.com
if u have good internet connection
u can download a software
1)audacity(recommeded)
2)goldwave
and record that songs
that way no danger from maillcoius codes as well
there is audio in facality as well
this has been discussed may be about 100 times in this forum

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
P2P is just a medium for sharing files between a large bunch of ppl(all P2P clients) which cannot be produced on the web, like webpages can be.So i may offer cracks to windows through P2P but not through the web...on P2P, its just a part of my HDD thats available for upload, and i've full freedom to store whatever i like on my HDD. P2P offers everything, from WinXP to Firefox to Music...and whether its legal or not depends upon what it is(like t_y_f said) There r P2P programs like iMesh that offer only Music downloads...so it might not be so illegal, concerning the fact that americans are the first to file lawsuits against all that's available (i wonder whether anybody filed a lawsuit against P2P...i LOST $10 Million coz my OS was distributed on P2P blah...blah..blah)
anyways, P2P is good enough...till u have a good Internet connection(unlimited), it can REALLY save u a lot of bucks :D

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
just use bearshare.com...download anything and let ur PC infected with Trojan horses and then remove them from Spyware Doctor :)

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
esumitkumar said:
just use bearshare.com...download anything and let ur PC infected with Trojan horses and then remove them from Spyware Doctor :)
I prefer limewire...and shareaza (though the dwload speeds r crappy)
But yeah...a lot of these files r fake and just trojans or backdoors. P2P must never be used without an antivirus running. I find torrents better....safer :)

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Visit "www.cooltoad.com". U get A really huge collection of songs which u can download without any fee. I don't know if it is legal or illegal but its free & Indians will be toppers in running after free stuff!!!

shakti

Journeyman
i think Mp3.com may help you but i m not sure whether it provides Downloading Facility Or not.

OP
S

salils

Journeyman
Saharika said:
about raaga.com
if u have good internet connection
u can download a software
1)audacity(recommeded)
2)goldwave
and record that songs
that way no danger from maillcoius codes as well
there is audio in facality as well
this has been discussed may be about 100 times in this forum

how can I record that song from raaga???????
THat's the problem with me!!!!

OP
S

salils

Journeyman
MysticHalo said:
I prefer limewire...and shareaza (though the dwload speeds r crappy)
But yeah...a lot of these files r fake and just trojans or backdoors. P2P must never be used without an antivirus running. I find torrents better....safer :)
Can u explain me how can I download something from these softwares??

OP
S

salils

Journeyman
easwaran said:
hi
any website
ist
down load
this free software
which is called