downloading songs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
What you are talking about is piracy and it is not allowed. There are other sites that offer download of music but not free of cost.

ashfame

Padawan
Warning :
Such sites that offer free downloads which are otherwise not available legally, might contain malicious code.
I have come up with a site like this & when downloading a song from it, norton 2006 caught it up, it was a spyware.
Beware of such things.
And if you really wanna have some new songs, get yourself a P2P sharing software like Bearshare/Limewire. I recommend bearshare, its the least resources hoggy of the two's.

Click here to download it:
*download.bearshare.com/BSPROINSTALL.exe

vikasg03

Journeyman
hy
u can use ares lite or ares preimium software and download mp3 free of cost . i think it is a p2p software. as for as security concern i don't know when i download mp3 from other users share folder at that time some one try to connect my pc or not.
vikas

ashfame

Padawan
vikasg03 said:
hy
u as for as security concern i don't know when i download mp3 from other users share folder at that time some one try to connect my pc or not.
vikas
There is no harm in that if you have your preferences good. Just a share of your bandwidth will be utilized.
In Bearshare, you can even turn off uploads however the speed will not be more than a >2kBps.

sakumar79

Technomancer
The legal way to download songs onto your system: Buy the CD and copy the songs onto your system

The illegal way: Lets not go that route, okay?

Arun

mehulved

ashfame said:
Does sharing on P2P also counts as illegal?
Well OP here asked for a way to download songs for free which aren't supposed to be available for free. But, you can always share some things legally over the file sharing networks.
In this count, yeah what is being talked about is totally illegal.
Using P2P, including torrents is never illegal. What makes it illegal is the content sahred over these networks.

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
As far as I know, downloading songs from internet radio isn't illegal till you give that song to someone else. The Indian Copyright Act (like many other countries') has a "fair use" clause that lets you keep as many copies of copyrighted content as long as it is for your own personal use ONLY.

The unfortunate thing is that there's a million different interpretations of the fair use clause, so you never know when you've broken the law.

And like tech_your_future said: Using P2P and Torrents isn't illegal - it's the content.

I'm not locking this thread because:
1. No links to pirated music have been provided (please keep it that way)
2. This could actually evolve into a healthy discussion, and should make for interesting reading.

Raiden Bee

Broken In
First get your heads clear on piracy

Any creation for which the creator demands payment per unique user but does not get it is piracy

So P2P is piracy. So is getting an original CD from a friend and ripping it

For those who wanna go the right way, wait for iTunes to start its downloading service in India. I heard they're impressed by the iPod's popularity and will begin operations soon

Raiden Bee

godsownman

Padawan
There are some sites legal ( I think so :) ) , you can search for them by providing the track name that you want to download in Google .

I'm sure you will come across something .

mehulved

Raiden Bee said:
First get your heads clear on piracy

Any creation for which the creator demands payment per unique user but does not get it is piracy

So P2P is piracy. So is getting an original CD from a friend and ripping it

Raiden Bee
Well if I use P2P only for downloading linux and sharing free music, yes it's available though it's not commercial music, then how can P2P be ilegal?
I am not promoting piracy but actually in India piracy does help. I will give my own example. I came across songs of artists like Bryan Adams and MLTR through P2P channels and became their fan. Else I would have never known of them. I am ready to buy their cd's now as I do like their songs a lot. I even attended both their concerts in Mumbai. So, in this case piracy rather helped the artists in long term rather than hinder.
There are some people too who download music or movies via P2P just to see how good or bad it is. They need not waste their money on sub-standard ones. Then they buy or watch in theatres whichever ones they like.
It does not necessarily hold true for all and sundry but it is true in some cases. Well it differs from situation to situation.

abhishek4u

Broken In
its too easy to download songs from a site dat offers free listenin! but since its illegal...im not goin into details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom