Download-hiccups in DownThemAll & Firefox

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Hello!

some days back, i had uninstalled and reinstalled firefox to a different location on my pc. hadn't deleted user data and add-ons. after that, i was trying to download evernote, using downthemall and firefox's native downloader, but the file would simply not download. DTA would give the error of 'size mismatch', while FF's DLer just used to stop abruptly. tried many times, using different download sources, but failed everytime. tried again next day, from majorgeeks, and it downloaded successfully, using DTA.

now today again this happened. was trying to download GIMP from its own website as well as from sourceforge, but the same issue both the times. can't understand what could be the problem. never faced it before i had reinstalled FF. could there be a connection between the reinstallation & the random download-fails?

please advise.

thanks!

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
will use that as a last resort, if this issue turns frequent. till now there've been 2 such instances.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I suspect some hardware / line interruption.

Should not be due to location of install.
If that happens again try opening Firefox in safe mode and check.

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
yes, could be. because every now and then, if i click a link to open a page, it doesn't open, but instead asks to be reloaded, and then loads only after doing so. happening much more in chrome.

Top Bottom