satyamy

Alive Again...
I use PIII, 128MB RAM, 40GB HDD, 15" Monitor n even shut off the monitor
download speed is same but electric consumption is less............. hahaha

u can also buy any old PC for doing these types of stufs
also it'll cost just 5-6k

delivi

Broken In
Why do we need to download continuously when we have the Pause and Resume feature in our download managers.

goobimama

 Macboy
Am I not right in thinking that a graphics card will use much less power when not in use? I mean, for pure downloading at night, there would be minimal graphic rendering, so the GPU should power down is it not?

Also, if you have a second HDD, just use the Powersave option to "turn off HDD after ..... minutes". Second HDD will turn off once say 10 minutes of non usage are up.

I'm definitely not removing any RAM from my PC, the only thing which actually makes a difference.

What's the point of downloading HD content when you can't play it due to 255MB of RAM and no graphics processor?

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
delivi said:
Why do we need to download continuously when we have the Pause and Resume feature in our download managers.

...because many ISP like DataOne provide an uncapped connection at night, say like 0200 hrs to 0800 hrs.

agill

Right off the assembly line
I download stuff 24/7 so am thinking of ways to cut power consumption...

1) would downloading still be possible if pc is set to hibernation or standby mode?

2) how much less power does a laptop use compared to desktop?

3) any other easy method to cut my bills appreciated...!

sridhark

Right off the assembly line
I would suggest...

Only download, what you will definitely use. ;)

about 40%..50%.. 60% .. or even 70% saved for you? lol. oh i guess 'time' is definitely saved, which is more important. DO NOT GET ADDICTED TO DOWNLOADING WAREZ.. guyz... lol.. i have gone thru it all... so i tell u.

hahahari

In the zone
Just use a laptop. If not then turnoff the monitor.Removing all these vital PC ORGANS can cause joint problems leading to loss of the component or worse damage to the port, which might need to be repaird by computerwala, which is definitely not recommended. :D

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just use a laptop. If not then turnoff the monitor.Removing all these vital PC ORGANS can cause joint problems leading to loss of the component or worse damage to the port, which might need to be repaird by computerwala, which is definitely not recommended. :D
And yes, spend less time in bumping old threads........:D This will also save a lot of power.......:p

BTW this thread is useful.

New

Padawan
Look here for great tut on How to save power
*ganeshpbhat.blogspot.com/2008/06/must-readhow-to-save-power.html
*ganeshpbhat.blogspot.com/2008/06/must-readhow-to-save-power.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom