Download Accelrator Plus : A must have

Status
Not open for further replies.

KHUBBU

Journeyman
Quite a big discussion.

I wonder if a newbie visits this thread how much clear he wud be as to which download manager he shud choose.

Your choice depends on lots of things like ur internet connection, ur frequncy of downloading, size of the files downloaded, and ofcourse you yourself - the features u want and all that.

It would be better if u ppl rate ur recommended sw on some of the above points.

Thats just a request.

I use flashget and is absolutely fine for my ocassional downloading. The files are generally 3-5 mb. I have a dailup and max speed touched while downloading ( shown in flashget is 8 kb).

I dont say flashget is the best coz ther's always room for improvement !

Sreekanth V

Journeyman
KHUBBU said:
Your choice depends on lots of things like ur internet connection, ur frequncy of downloading, size of the files downloaded, and ofcourse you yourself - the features u want and all that.
I agree with you. We have to find which is the best one suited to us. And it may not be the best for others. :roll:
I use Download Studio and it is quite useful to me. But it may not be so for others. :? :idea:

hcp006sl

Journeyman
gxsaurav said:
I m using the DAP 7.4 full version & Norton 29095 said, that the file dapie.dll & npdap.dll are adware.dap
It could happen for free/cracked versions. But, premium version does not contain any ads. DAP is actually an ad-supported freeware. So, you need to buy it. I am now using DAP Premium 7.4.0.2. If you don't have its latest version, i.e., 7.4.0.2, download it today. Link: *download.speedbit.com/dap74.exe.
Actually I use DAP for two reasons:
1. It's user friendly and has all the options that I need.
2. I got the premium subscription absolutely free. If you can remember when speedbit launched DAP 7, there was an offer - 'write 50 reviews and get a premium license free'. And I wrote 50 software reviews which yield a premium key.

whoopy_whale

Journeyman
Hmm...I used to use DAP but months back I switched over to Mass Downloader and I was satisfied with that.Since so many people told about FDM I am gonna try it out.

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
DAP is a spyware and I have posted about it many times................... Even my first ever post in thinkdigit was about DAP being a spyware
It is here:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=131836&highlight=#131836

cryptid

Journeyman
MAN i am sorry to say this but DAP sucks it has ad-ware on it and it sucks on the system resources compared to the other download acc u get.,.,. i used almost all the download acc and managers available u name it- i used it and the best i have come across is Fresh download managers and Free download manager they both are freeware and downoad faster and more efficiently than DAP and are easy to use with good browser integration and are very lite (i.e dont suck on the CPU)

Biplav

In the zone
well dap: a must have wont end with ppl complaining bout it.
as for as Khattam goes dap is no more a spyware
ur spyware tester has gone rubbish if it detects it as spyware.
i repeat again its a adware(the free version)not a spyware.
there is a difference between the two terms; lets get that thing straight first.
adware programs are necessary to generate money for the work they have done and to provide the software free of cost to the ppl
for ex- opera.
opera browser is an adware supported browser. it generates revenue frm the ads that are displayed on the free version of the browser.
a spyware well i think make a www.wikipedia.com search
and u wud find all bout them .
i use dap coz all download mgrs that i have used still dont give me the speeds of dap!!and this is a actually a very fundamental fact of so many ppl still using dap: SPEED! none offers speeds like dap.
no matter how much u say of flashget / download studio/ mass downloader etc. etc. ; DAP still remains to be the most downloaded download manager and the most used download mgr too.

vmp_vivek

In the zone
I used DAP to get approx. 600-700 KB/s speed (sometimes) as I have like T1 connection, :wink: :p but as soon as I got to know that it is a known adware :cry: I uninstalled it :(

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
also, in previous DAP versions on dialup, after we click on pause and then after a while when we click on resume, i get a speed of 60-70 on a 40 kbps connexion...
at first i used to be happy...
then i opened the little tray icon to verify and the speed was '1' :(
:lol:
Uninstalled it immeadiaely... :lol:

Biplav

In the zone
well hte pause thing didnt exactly pause the downloads on previous versions. it kept on downloading.
so for that reason when u clicked on resume the speeds were a lot higher.
it was a bug .
i suppose it doesnt prevail in dap 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom