Doubts regarding Career in Computer Security

warlord

Right off the assembly line
I am in Bca final year and holding O level diploma from doeacc. Now I am very much confused about what to do next.

I am interested in InfoSec and networking and infact I'm building open source networking based apps as well, but unable to find a way to study in InfoSec, parents and all friends are saying to do just MCA now and look for a job. But not much interested in building softwares for telecom or banking or other clients after MCA.

So do you guys know any way by which I can choose the track to InfoSec without keeping myself in a risk of ruining my future. I mean I want to be sure to end up in a good job after study.

I know various certs like CEH,CISSP,GSEC etc. but not sure whether they will be of any importance just after my BCA, i also heard about MSc in InfoSec in India but failed to acquire much information about that,i know just two universties that offer,Madras uni and IIIT Allahabad, but their websites are not providing complete details like eligibility criteria etc. Do you guys know any other universities then please let me know.

Also DOEACC has recently introduced some security certs,how about them,will they be of any value.

devgujar

Broken In
Did you checked
Diploma in IT Infrastructure, Systems and Security (DITISS) offered by C-DAC(C-DAC ACTS).

I done DAC from Sunbeam under C-DAC.
Courses

Last edited:

vkumarg89

Right off the assembly line
Its good that you knw alot abt the current industry standards

these certs are helpful but will get you an entry. Dnt expect high packages since ur nt experienced enough .

Top Bottom