Doubts concerning ageia physx

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Is ageia physx is a card or a software?

Please explain:)
And can the software which come along with todays games like ageia software something..be used to tweak Nvidia card?

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
ageia is a company that manufactires physics cards....strictly speaking PPU[physics processing units]
Some game developers wanna use ageia physics in their games[GRAW 1 nd 2]. So ageia PPU's are easily able to handle the physice at full glory.
Whereas the gam wud be flop if it can't be played on a system w/o an ageia card.
So they also provide an emulator alond with ageia drivers. If PPU is not present, then its simply emulated nd the work is done by CPU.
The physics level cannot be compared with a system with ageia card.

But this is all bout games with supports ageia PPUs. In games which dun support ageia, wud have equal physics on all systems.
SOme games also uses nvidia or ATI physics which is done in GPU. This too can be emulated at but performance suffers.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Thanks for the info but is this a card? Or does this ageia is combined into Nvidia or ati?

Does Nvidia support this...

Sorry for being too noob coz my money is on the line...i betted with my friend saying ageia is a card and not a software..and that too Nvidia doesnt have ageia and doesn support

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Yup, nvidia can't do ageia physics. Ageia is a card nd currently u can get one of those from Asus. Its similar to Gcard, but it wub either be PCI 2.0 or PCIE 4x socket.
There is Ageia s/w too to emulate Ageia physics on system which dun haf ageia card. But this is performed by CPU.
Ageia is not combined with ATI/nvidia

nvidia/ATI has no connection with Ageia technologies.

*www.benchmark.co.yu/tests/vga/asus/PhysX_P1/ASUS PhysX P1 04.JPG

*www.overclockers.ru/images/lab/2006/06/27/ageia/01asus_p1_card_angle_bg.jpg

hope, this solve the confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom