Doubt!!!!!

hawkeye321

Broken In
My mobo supports sata 3gbps...so if i buy a 500gb hdd of sata 6gbps will it work???also suggest a gud 500gb hdd...mainly for photoshop and watchng vidz

Cilus

laborare est orare
Ya, it will work properly but the maximum speed will be limited to 3 Gbps. But don't worry, HDD hardly reaches the maximum speed of 3 Gbps supported by SATA II interface and SATA III 6 Gbps is mainly advantageous for SSD.

Get WD caviar Blue 500 GB HDD around 3.2K

> 3 GBps is known is SATA 2 and 6 GBps is known as SATA 3 and like all other cool technoloies, this is backward compatible. What that means is that you can plug a SATA 3 device in a SATA 2 port and vice-versa, however you will get SATA 2 speeds only. To get SATA 3 speeds, both device and port should be SATA 3.

> The only general consumer performance HDD I know of is Western Digital Cavier Black, but that is only available in 1 GB and 2 GB capacity and not in 500 GB capacity. You don't need a performance HDD for watching videos. What you can do is get a normal (not high performance) 500 GB HDD such as WD blue or Seagate Barracuda (both available for ~3000) and get an 8 GB 1600 MHz ram. Then use some of this RAM as RAMDisk, whose speed can tear an SSD to pieces and break land speed records (I get 6500 MBps from a Hynix 1333 MHz ram). Ramdisk is ideal for tasks such as photo editing, video editing or basically any task with lots of disk writes.

Top Bottom