sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Time to bake some raps with that shotgun, am so gonna b**ch slap other AAAs when it comes out. DOOM FTW!!! :twisted::twisted:

Doom Gameplay Unveiled at QuakeCon 2014 - IGN

"Doom is not about about taking cover"

Classic Doom weapons, including the fan-favorite double-barrell shotgun return. Plasma rifle, rocket launcher, and the good old chainsaw were also shown off.

Hellknights, cyberdemons, revenants, mancubii, and other classic monsters were spotted throughout the demo.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Can't wait to see some gameplay footage.

Bethesda and id Software unveiled their newest version of Doom at this year's QuakeCon. Only the attendees were able to see the actual gameplay footage of the re-envisioned rendition of the classic first-person shooter. Turns out, the QuakeCon goers will be the only outsiders to see Doom for a very, very, very long time to come.

To maybe give a week or so before showing it publicly is one thing...but 5+ months? That, to me, is just sacrilege :-x:-x

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
YES!

It's finally coming.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks not so good.

Well, we should wait for the gameplay and then see how it is.

Also, it is still in development. It's still a long way from being released.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Nothing particularly interesting about sound effects.

Mad Max has the effects.
[YOUTUBE]5RRCQONzVb4[/YOUTUBE]

[MENTION=5007]DeSmOnD dAvId[/MENTION]
Without Carmack, I don't see much value in the game. Still I am waiting for the surprise.

Bethesda sued Carmack when he left for Oculus Rift.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
They are trying to bring Doom back to its roots as a high action shooter unlike the slow paced Doom 3. It's possible that Sonic Mayhem is producing the soundtrack for this one as they have always done. I am expecting a Shadow Warrior or Painkiller like gameplay for this one.

But yeah, without Carmack Id is nothing. But then Id has never been the same since Bethesda acquired it.

warfreak

Talk to the hand!!!
We can expect more info on it on E3 this June. Hopefully they release gameplay footage to let us know that actual work on the game has started.

Top Bottom