Don't Know CMOS Battery Type

Status
Not open for further replies.

vwad

In the zone
Hi there,

Its me again after a long time. How are you guys, borax, Sam, Asingh, Jas bhai, piyush ?

My friend has a AMD PC with A7V400Mx Asus Board and AMD Sempron 2400 proccy. His battery is gone kaput recently & he wants to change it. Where can we find the type of battery so as to ask the vendor for new one , I mean what type of battery it requires ?

saswat23

Human Spambot
How do you know that the battery has gone kaput.
BTW go to any PC Shop and ask for mobo battery. Take the old batttery with you to show them.
It will cost not more than Rs.30-Rs.50.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
How do you know that the battery has gone kaput.

I think it's easy. Date and time of the system keeps resetting. And you have to keep pressing some key, like F1, to continue booting, post BIOS.
Isn't OP?

Tech&ME

Banned
OP >>

To REPLACE the battery you will have to pull it out!:sad:

Take it along with you to any WATCH shop or COMPUTER shop, they will give you a new one similar to it.

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ OMG! I think, you and asingh are getting wrong idea! It's not me, but the OP (vwad) having problems with his CMOS! He should pull out that! :))

Tech&ME

Banned
^^ OMG! I think, you and asingh are getting wrong idea! It's not me, but the OP (vwad) having problems with his CMOS! He should pull out that! :))

YES we know that! but you have also asked a question in between ?

See:
vineet369 said:
^^ I don't know if I should do that! Should I?

So, what exactly you were try to tell us ??

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Ok. Read Post#3.
Saswat23 asked a question. I replied that. The rest what followed was a lot of misunderstandings!
Leave it! ;)

OP
vwad

vwad

In the zone
Thanks for questionable answerable help there vineet :D and asingh bhai Yes, the clock is 12 hours behind when the computer is put on :D

Tech&ME

Banned
Yes, tumi besh kotha bolalam. Got it for Rs. 15 and put in his PC. :)

I think that it is a typo mistake ! (bolalam ? means what ?, or sentence is grammatically incorrect.)

He might be trying to say that rates told to him in this thread were more (30 - 50 rupees) wereas he got it for only Rs 15/-:smile:

OP
vwad

vwad

In the zone
Yes, tumi besh kotha bolalam. Got it for Rs. 15 and put in his PC. :)

:?::?::?:Whoaaa...what happened??:?::?:

Nicely done! Congos :lol:

I think that it is a typo mistake ! (bolalam ? means what ?, or sentence is grammatically incorrect.)

He might be trying to say that rates told to him in this thread were more (30 - 50 rupees) wereas he got it for only Rs 15/-:smile:

Sorry about that. Still Learning Bengali :eek: My mothertongue is Marathi. :eek:

webdesigncut

Journeyman
what will happn if i remove the cmos battery and boot pc?
as i have to take the battery to shop?

Last edited:

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
^ No problem. Your BIOS settings will not be saved. You have to change your settings manually (date and time, sometimes SATA settings) and save after installing the new battery.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Its ordinary wall clock battery and all the bios settings will be saved only if the CMOS battery is there or else those settings wont save.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom