AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
Link : *www.dell.com/in/p/laptops.aspx?c=in&l=en&s=dhs&~ck=mn

*i.imgur.com/ikmi887.png

Cheers!
Abhijit

Nerevarine

Incarnate
grey market imported goods ? Second hand products ? There could be many reasons..
They sold me a fake 3rd party xbox 360 controller at the price of an original.. I dont need anymore reason not to trust them

Nbartakke

Broken In
I am planning to buy Lenovo Laptop from Snapdeal.
Should i buy or Not?

Anyone bought laptop from Snapdeal?

Last edited:

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Sharp India also mentioned similar type of message, "Note: No warranty will be provided for the products purchased from snapdeal.com"
Link: *www.sharpproducts.in/productdetails.aspx?cid=13&id=303

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Thanks For Reply
I think Peoples are not Buying From Local Stores so they are Displaying This type of Notices.

i bought from snapdeal
the laptop was 27k and i got for 20.9k as a offer and the shopkeeper(distributer of all over south india for hp) told me then how would they get profit to run central ac and manage the shops, without increasing price? they have to pay electricity bill, rent etc,etc

icebags

Technomancer
people are reporting some 2 numbery products / old products in snapdeal, right, but its also true that snapdeal pricing sometimes is very competitive compared to local or other online shops.

may be some people dont like this.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
hello there!

this thread seems to be the most relevant for my query, hence bumping it up.

a friend wishes to purchase this from SD:

Dell Latitude 3540 Laptop (4th Gen Intel Core i3- 4GB RAM- 500GB HDD- 15.6 Inches- Ubuntu) (Grey) - Buy Laptops Online @ Best Price on Snapdeal.com

tagging KARTechnology here. you have explained well what could be the motive behind issuance of such a statement from dell, but still, would like to have your opinion on this product and the seller(s) therein. one thing that am wondering is that the same laptop is available at other e-tailers for a similar price, albeit with 1 yr warranty; but the SD ones are offering it for 3 years. do you smell anything fishy? please suggest.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
hello there!

this thread seems to be the most relevant for my query, hence bumping it up.

a friend wishes to purchase this from SD:

Dell Latitude 3540 Laptop (4th Gen Intel Core i3- 4GB RAM- 500GB HDD- 15.6 Inches- Ubuntu) (Grey) - Buy Laptops Online @ Best Price on Snapdeal.com

tagging KARTechnology here. you have explained well what could be the motive behind issuance of such a statement from dell, but still, would like to have your opinion on this product and the seller(s) therein. one thing that am wondering is that the same laptop is available at other e-tailers for a similar price, albeit with 1 yr warranty; but the SD ones are offering it for 3 years. do you smell anything fishy? please suggest.

you better call up sd and verify directly with seller..
that too its not simply a 3 year but 3 Year Dell India Complete Cover Warranty

the motive what i said, is not made up by me, but said by south India'a hp distributor

isn't the price to much for that model you've said

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
you better call up sd and verify directly with seller..
that too its not simply a 3 year but 3 Year Dell India Complete Cover Warranty

the motive what i said, is not made up by me, but said by south India'a hp distributor

isn't the price to much for that model you've said

yes. a complete cover. i was also wishing if only it could be discussed with the seller. i will ask my friend to call SD then tomorrow.

its about 32.25k. is it high? i dont know. ebay too has the same model for similar price, but with 1 yr of warranty.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
yes. a complete cover. i was also wishing if only it could be discussed with the seller. i will ask my friend to call SD then tomorrow.

its about 32.25k. is it high? i dont know. ebay too has the same model for similar price, but with 1 yr of warranty.
i too dont know abt price correctly, but if u get a lappy with dedicated gpu, can play nice games :)
see there is 10% off @ flipkart

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
i too dont know abt price correctly, but if u get a lappy with dedicated gpu, can play nice games :)
see there is 10% off @ flipkart

just saw that hp is offering similar config for lower prices on SD (plus there's a 1500/- off coupon as well on SD). will check on flipkart.
and the laptop wont be used for any gaming.

EDIT: Oh! i think you meant the std chartered 10% off on fk. sadly, he doesn't have a card from that bank, nor any acquaintance of his. had talked about this with him earlier in the day.

I guess it is more or less due to fear of reduced margin and control, not to say that the counterfeit/used/defective problem still stays. When they sell through local shopkeepers, they are actually selling it through channels, which gives them info and control over buyer and their choices, and a price they can decide. Now in case of online sales through 3rd party e commerce sites, the sellers listed on them can be authorised local shopkeepers which are trying to expand their reach, or some random person who procure laptops in bulk(via gray market) or at low cost by acting as a corporate buyer, and then sell those laptops at slightly higher prices ,a condition which will cause loss to the company, and may cause legal hassles for them(customers pursuing warranty claims against grey market goods). I guess it is completely fair on their side to warn others, but not fair to block warranty claims when the seller is an authorised person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom