Don't be surprised when your cheap PSU blows up (Intex, iBall, Circle etc.)

newboss

Broken In
*img809.imageshack.us/img809/8066/fortron.jpg

UL CODE MANUFATURER Lincence users
E190414 FSP GROUP INC FSP, Sparkle, OCZ GameXstream, some In Win, Aopen, Power Man, some AmacroX, Powertech, some Zalman, Engelking, Sharkoon, some SilverStone, some Point of View, some SilenX, Antec Basiq line, some Tacens.

Here is the proof VIP 500 GOLD is manufactured by FSP and UL licensed is also under name of FSP GROUP INC

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Most probably not. Haven't seen any Indian manufacturer with 80+ certification.

sam1

Journeyman
@skud - got the 700w modular power supply that's 80+ bronze certified, hence took it...and the corsair stock available were the old ones.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Who's the OEM manufacturer of Silent Pro series?

Some links I have found which may be of interest:-

1. Can We Trust the 80 Plus Certification? | Hardware Secrets

2. Power Supplies With Fake 80 Plus Badges | Hardware Secrets

So, 80+ certificate is not the ultimate proof of a good SMPS. You really need to know about the product before making a purchase.

Last edited:

1993gregory

Where's my M4A1
Heres one of my experience
my brother had a Seasonic PSU of 500W bought 3 yrs back from russia.
During vacations me and him were playing games on his PC and suddenly lightnig stirkes and his PSU is blow.
Luckily nothing happens to his mobo or GPU and everything else. But hes so pissed that he wont go for CM or corsair and he buys an iball 500W and hes running his PC perfectly fine for 2 years.
So personally i think its all about luck.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't put everything to luck. Sometimes cheaper things can run longer than their costlier counterparts but that doesn't change the fundamentals. Accidents do happen. If you are not going to push your hardware, a iBalll, VIP, Zebby etc. is more than enough.

sam1

Journeyman
Who's the OEM manufacturer of Silent Pro series?

Some links I have found which may be of interest:-

1. Can We Trust the 80 Plus Certification? | Hardware Secrets

2. Power Supplies With Fake 80 Plus Badges | Hardware Secrets

So, 80+ certificate is not the ultimate proof of a good SMPS. You really need to know about the product before making a purchase.

yes, i agree. but the cm psu i'm talking abt is listed in the plugloadsolutions.com website. check out this link. i have also gone thru ur 1st link, but the same certifier has also certified corsair psus. we gotta trust something atleast....

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am not particularly talking about CM. I think Silent Pro series are good. What's the warranty they are offering?

Sarath

iDota
well its pretty prejudiced. None of the links directly deal with the testing of said PSUs of iball etc.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
well its pretty prejudiced. None of the links directly deal with the testing of said PSUs of iball etc.

I think for that we really have to wait for long. May be Digit may arrange to do a test check to settle the issue.

saswat23

Human Spambot
yes, that will indeed be very good if digit checks those PSUs.
Just like we should promote INDIE GAMES similarly we should also promot our DESI BRANDs. And if we promote our DESI products then they will surely make better models to compete with those of CORSAIR, CM, FSP, TAGAN, SEASONIC, ANTEC, SIVERSTONE, etc..

Top Bottom