Domain name doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnukutti

Broken In
Guys my free webserver had provided me with two dns servers
ns1.dnsserver.com
ns2.dnsserver.com
My doubt is that if i set the dns server entry with my domain name registrar will I be able to get to my site.
Because I have two accounts with the server and both has the same dns servers. Please can someone explain how this DNS server works.

firewall

In the zone
as ur hosting service provides dns , i think u must signup with them with your domains individually. so it will work. just change the dns in domian control panel.

and as per as how dns works.. it's prety long stroy... will discuss it some otherday in good mood. ;)

:)

OP
C

cnukutti

Broken In
Can i buy a domain name here with Rs.400 and make it point to the original website. Is it possible. I have heard about IP redirecting or something like that . Is it the only way?

firewall

In the zone
There is two scenario, if your domain provider has URL redirection service then u can easily point your domain to ur site address, say to *urname dot free hosting dot com..

and if ur domain registrar doesnot have such service u can try www.mydomain.com. it provides Free of cost domain rediredting with it's own dns plus free unlimited email forwarding also...

:)

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
cnukutti said:
ns1.dnsserver.com
ns2.dnsserver.com
My doubt is that if i set the dns server entry with my domain name registrar will I be able to get to my site.
Because I have two accounts with the server and both has the same dns servers. Please can someone explain how this DNS server works.

If you have baught a domain name then just told ur webhosting to set it on there server then after change ur nameserver to ur hosting companies nameserver ..

well now all provide domain redirection.. even u can buy domain and hosting at one place.. :D
*domains.mgcyber.net

Deep

Version 2.0
cnukutti said:
ns1.dnsserver.com
ns2.dnsserver.com

doesn't matter actually..
your web host will point that domain to your directory..

now lemme explain in simple english..

your host have set one rule if someone requests for the domain domain.com then it should be pointed to the directory domain

and for that only he asked u to enter his DNS servers in ur domain panel..

i hope i have cleard ur doubts..

Deep

go4inet

In the zone
u need to point the name servers to where you have got ur hosting account !

once ur name servers are active, you can upload the files and start viewing the files which you have uploaded ...

need more doubts...? google'them up !

Deep

Version 2.0
hmm..
you can upload the file even if your domain is not active..
host will give u ip address and login details..
you can upload using that...

that's what people do so that visitors dont see blank site..

Deep

adityastar

Right off the assembly line
When you will assign those dns to your domain name then it will be redirected towards your web host.

Then from your control panel of your hosting account you need to assign your domain name to your account. This can be done by using the Add Domain feature of your hosting account.

If you havn't purchased a domain name and want a free for your free hosting service then you can get one from here ~snipped~ for free.

You can use it to try for the DNS change as it is free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom