Does writing CDs at higher speed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mualzavata

Right off the assembly line
One of my friend said writing Data Cd at higher speed decrease the life of a CD, for vcd or mp3, i know that writing at lower speed have backward compatible with old VCD n mp3 player, but for Data, how can it effect it, if its true as he said, then why did the hardware company make CD Writer at higher speed?? Am confusing yaar!!

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Of course, there has been advancement in technology. From 10K, it has been upgraded to 52K. However, this technology is new & is in the testing stage. All writers and disks do not comply with real fast writing speeds. There fore, if u get an error while burning at high speeds, it is alwways advisable to decrease it.
It may increase the temp. of the disk if it doesnt comply with the speeds chosen, thereby damaging the surface of the disk.

OP
M

Mualzavata

Right off the assembly line
What am asking is that if we write the same quality CD at 2 different speed, say one is 8x and other is 52x, Will the cd written at 52x be more prone to demage, or atleast data corruption after burning.

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
I think yes...Maybe I m wrong...

But when u write at high speed CD and drive became hot....

This may dameage the surface of disk...

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
I think yes...Maybe I m wrong...

But when u write at high speed CD and drive became hot....

This may dameage the surface of disk...

Read this to know more
Code:
*www.osta.org/technology/dvdqa/dvdqa4.htm

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
The chances of cd failing to burn at higher speeds is greater than the chances of it failing at lower speed. I have observed in my computer many times if I burn a cd above 40x it gets corrupted. So, it is mainly for safety that you have to keep the burning speed low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom